• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Are you sick and tired of quoted movies during your D&D sessions?

MrFilthyIke

First Post
Prince of Happiness said:
We're quite fond of quoting "I'm Gonna Git You Sucka" and "The Warriors" during my groups' Vampire sessions.

I find more often people are using quotes that have nothing to do with the genre, but mainly to get a laugh out of other players. I try not to stress out, as gaming is about fun, after all. :)

The Grackle

First Post
Prince of Happiness said:
We're quite fond of quoting "I'm Gonna Git You Sucka" and "The Warriors" during my groups' Vampire sessions.

"These chicks are packin'!"
Yes the Warriors is a fine, fine piece of... cinema. There's a huge mural of the Warriors on the Coney Island boardwalk. I teared up the first time I saw it.

After watching WIZARD PEOPLE w/my group they quote it non-stop. It hasn't gotten old yet, but soon...

By the way, if you either love or hate Harry Potter, you must watch this.
<edit: Oh,yeah, Moms&Dads. This is like PG-13 b/c he swears. Maybe not for kids.>

Last edited:

My current group likes to quote Full Metal Jacket and the Movie Aliens at the appropiate times. That is a bit odd I think . . . .

Last group it was all about the Monty Python, I know what all of you are talking about

Crothian

First Post
We don't quote movies much, but when it does happen its usually very appropriate. Its not that quoting movies gets on my nerves, its when people do it just to quote a movie and not place the quotre at the right place at the right time. Timing is everything.....

hmm... the last group I was in didn't quote movie lines constantly, but we were all guilty of it occasionally... usually to get a laugh. Sometimes we'd do the same thing with song lyrics or book titles. Worst of all, though, was the punners... those people should be banned from gaming forever... :)

hero4hire

Explorer
I've never really had a problem with my gaming group quoting movies during game-play.
We're generally caught-up in roleplaying.

Now overusing movie-quotes in everyday speech and having normal people looking at you weird. Well.....:)

yoippari

First Post
My brother is fond of saying "MOTHERLAAAND!!" While it isn't from any particular movie it does get old, especially by the fourth quote in our first gaming session. That and our current DM likes the phrase "Whip it out." I think its from some song he heard but I'm not sure.

As for actual movie quotes none of us have been playing long enough for it to be as bad as you describe.

David Howery said:
Worst of all, though, was the punners... those people should be banned from gaming forever... :)

Hey! We have feelings, too! And it's not like any of us hard-core punners can actually help it, you know.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads