• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Are you worried about character conversion from 3.E-4.E?

Are you concerned about character conversion from 3. - 4.E?

• Poll closed .

KingCrab

First Post
I think they already announced that the new system would not be designed with conversion in mind and that people should begin thinking about starting new 4ed campigns one it is released.

Emirikol

Adventurer
KingCrab said:
I think they already announced that the new system would not be designed with conversion in mind and that people should begin thinking about starting new 4ed campigns one it is released.

So, does that concern you?

jh

Darth Krzysztof

First Post
As long as there are ability scores, races, and classes that have -some- resemblance to what we have today, I don't mind scrapping all the other details and rebuilding.

Plus, I didn't end my world when the last edition came out. It might be fun to blow it up now.

When I start a campaign I keep it to one edition. Mixing it up always leads to (sometimes minor) differences that bug me.

Based on the little I know so far.... the next few campaigns will be 3.5

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I voted "Other."

As things stand right now, I don't have many 3.X PCs worth converting. I have some unplayed concepts, to be sure, but nothing I can't kit out in almost any FRPG with a bit of thinking.

My big conversion concern would be over a bigger gap than that.

My oldest running campaign dates back to the mid-1980's, and we haven't converted from the fusion of 1Ed/2Ed it was set in. I was just this month sitting down to work out the difficulties of translating a high-level Drow Druid/Ranger/Magic-User (very pre-Dritzzt, thank you very much) into 3.XEd- and there are difficulties a plenty- and this 4Ed announcement comes down.

*sigh*

Remove ads