• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Are Your Games Rated G, PG, R, X, etc.?

Wulf Ratbane said:
My campaigns are usually NC.

"No Chicks," and that goes for guys who want to play women, bards, or elves of any kind.

Wulf

So I guess my male player playing a female elven bard shouldn't bother showing up? (Though thanks to reincarnate, the character is now a male halfling bard). :)

Our game would get a PG-13 to R for violence, gore, and mature themes, but probably just a PG-13 for everything else.

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Wulf Ratbane said:
My campaigns are usually NC.

"No Chicks," and that goes for guys who want to play women, bards, or elves of any kind.

Have you told that to your fiancee playing in your current game?

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Olgar Shiverstone said:
So I guess my male player playing a female elven bard shouldn't bother showing up?

Please tell me you're joking.

Piratecat said:
Have you told that to your fiancee playing in your current game?

Well, I said, usually.

It's tempered somewhat by the fact that if there's someone at the table fidgeting with the dice and yelling, "Enough shopping! Let's friggin' kill something already! I need the experience points!" it's probably She.

[sniff] And she's only been playing for a couple of months. It warms my heart, I tell ya.

I think she sufficiently skirts the NC rule.

Wulf

kerakus

First Post
I must be one of the few exceptions, given the rest of the responses.

I've started running the D&D Basic Game for my kids so that is quite in the G area, maybe drifting into PG simply due to the usual level of violence in D&D.

However, when it's just the grown-ups, we play several different campaigns, two of which focus on evil PCs and we use just about every page of the Book of Vile Darkness and some stuff they didn't think of. Details, I think, are quite unnecessary here. So, rating wise, that would place us at XXX. I think, if we got more than two players and the DM (me), we might tone it down some depending on the maturity level of the new player, but our evil campaigns would stay firmly where they are. As to why we prefer our games that way...my, look at the time.

Q

alsih2o

First Post
My players are all over 30, some over 40, so I pul, few punches. Sex and sexuality are glossed over in a "Camera pulls left out of door, hosiery flies by" 50's-60's movie kind of way.

HOWEVER-
When our party tank killed the sea hag with one critical blow with his greatsword he got a decently vivd description of what heavy steel objects do to flesh.

When they scried on the council member who was being tortured, I mildly described hot iron vs. Ranger flesh.

When the mechanical undead power-steam-punched the tanks horse to death with one blow I gave notice of a sickening crunch.

When the Int 5 Wild Elf Barbarian named Dumb Bear is in the woods...well, you know what bears do in the woods. :)

Salad Shooter

First Post
We tend to stay mostly PG-13, some very rare situations might bump into the R category, but I really can't place any of them at the moment.

mythago

Hero
I'm kinda between games right now, but I tend to run horror, so an R rating is the floor rather than the ceiling.

That said, blow-by-blow descriptions of *anything* are tedious.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads