D&D 5E Arena of War - Chapter 1: In Character

sithramir

First Post
Round 2: Continued:
PC Slot: Cade slays his second goblin (Kill 2) and moves near Artyom.
NPC Slot G2: A G2 goblin attacks the dwarf to no effect. Two G2 goblins attack Drek. One misses and another scratches the half-orc doing no real damage (1 rounded down to 0).

PC Slot The elf slays 2 more goblins (Kill 4) with his bow but is forced to draw his longsword as a G2 goblin approaches into melee slashing his arm. One of the G2 goblins seeing what the wizard can do decides to test his luck against the elf. He charges and hits the elf square in the chest with a mighty stab (Critical). Another G2 goblin approaches the Valya but misses, his hot stinking breath heavy with the smell of sulfur.

PC Slot: Drek is up
NPC Slot G3/G4

Arena-Round 1e.PNG

sithramir

First Post
Drek slays another goblin (Kill 2)

Goblins G3 near the dwarf attacks and finds a weak point in his armour.

A G4 goblin attacks the dwarf glancing off his armour.

A G3 goblin hits the elf.

Goblins attack Drek, Cade, and Valya but all miss.

ROUND 3:
PC Slot: Valya
PC Slot: Artyom
NPC Slot G1
PC Slot: The Dwarf
PC Slot: Drek or Cade
NPC Slot G2
PC Slot Elf
PC Slot: Cade or Drek
NPC Slot G3/G4

Arena-Round 1f.PNG

Valya/Artyom are up.

Gourry02

First Post
Artyom focuses his will on emptying his mind of all but the battle. The monk again turn his attention to the goblin he had previously struck. He grins a toothy smile that never reaches his eyes as he brings his staff around horizontally toward the little green beast.

1d20+6: 21 (5+6)
1d8+4: 6 (2+4)

sithramir

First Post
Artyom grins a toothy smile that never reaches his eyes as he brings his staff around horizontally, finishing a goblin (Kill 1)

4 Goblin G1's attack the dwarf but none of them are able to connect.

The dwarf swings his axe and another goblin falls (Kill 3).

The remaining goblin facing Artyom is able to slip through his defenses and hits for 4 damage.

PC Slot: Valya is next.
PC Slot: Drek or Cade may also take a turn after Valya.

NPC Slot G2
PC Slot Elf
NPC Slot G3/G4

Arena-Round 1g.PNG

Shayuri

First Post
Too many goblins, not enough support. Valya had power, but part of a wizard's power was knowing when NOT to stand and fight.

She smirked at the goblins trying to surround her as she stepped back...and strange silver mists closed around her and swallowed her up.

Meanwhile a cloud of that fog roiled out of thin air near Drek's side and Valya stepped out of it.

"We're a bit scattered at the moment," Valya told him, "We need to work together more. I'll scratch your back..."

She incanted, and fire screamed from her outstretched hand, spewing out over the goblins engaged with Drek.

"...and you scratch mine." The wizardess nodded at the goblins to the north, who Drek was now hopefully free to concentrate his wrath upon.

(OOC - Misty Step to teleport to J7 as a bonus action, then Burning Hands across the three goblins I can hit near Drek without hitting Drek...and I thiiiink that one to my southwest might be in the cone too. Damage! [roll0], DC 13 Dex save for half. If the goblin adjacent to Valya dies in the Burning Hands, she'll use a move action to back up to the south wall as well.)

sithramir

First Post
Valya burns 3 more goblins to cinders (8 Kills) and leaves a fourth G4 burned badly as she moves to the south wall.

PC Slot: Drek or Cade may now act
NPC Slot G2
PC Slot Elf
NPC Slot G3/G4

Arena-Round 1h.PNG

*Edit: I noticed you could hit a 4th if you did it right.

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=Details]-Attack: 1d20+6=21, 1d20+6=22 at goblin at K04, with melee bite from Silverback. Hit either way.
-Damage: 2d4+4=9
-Movement: None.[/Sblock]

Cade urges Silverback to attack once more, and another goblin falls before them. He sees the wizard girl jump away from the goblins and get clear. He was wondering if she was strong enough to survive this fight.

sithramir

First Post
A goblin connects with Drek (2 damage after resistance). The goblins pile on the dwarf hitting him but still fail to due any real damage.

The elf disengages his foes and moves in hopes of a better vantage point to use his arrows which he clearly excels at.

PC Slot: Drek's turn.

NPC Slot G3/G4

Arena-Round 1i.PNG

Remove ads