Armageddon: Rise of the Nephilim [Closed - Interested Alternates Possible]

Velmont

First Post
There is a note in the police record, in the case AD-6583, on the murder of Camille Toren. It is a personnal note from one inspector who was working on the case. It can be read like this:

We have finally resolved the case, but we couldn't have done it without the help of Thomas Ford. Thomas Ford have done his police training twenty years ago, and have graduated at the same time of me, but haas been rejected by the police departement for medical reason. He was epileptic and have been hiding that. After that, he becamed private detective, and I lost his trace.

I have been told he was mainly solving conjugal problems during that last twenty years. He had a wife for ten year. She was working as his secretary. She left him for a lawyer. Since then, he had no more secretary, and no more girl in his life. He is mainly a loner, and his only distration is to visit a tavern every Sunday for the football or on Saturday for the Hockey. During the week, he visit an Irish pub. His only friends are the patron's of those two place. He has been seen with no other person, except his client, outside these two places.

It was a coîncidence that I met him again. He had worked for James Toren, husband of Camille. He had discovered that Camille was seeing another man, so when we found the corpse, James was the first suspect. It was even more obvious when his gun was found next to the victim, in his own house, and the only prints there was his own.

But I question James in front of Thomas. James told he was innocent. Thomas said to me that James was telling the truth. When I ask him why he was so sure, he just tell me he knew. He ask me then to see the house. That maybe there would be something we would had miss. I doubt, but I let him play his cards. two hours at the house, he found nothing. Anyway, our squad had the clean the place. It is when we were on our way out that Thomas enter one of his epileptic crisis. Generally, he just lose conciousness and stay like a status, but that time, it was a full crisis. He was shcking like a bacon. When he got out of his crisis, he looks at me and told me: "Camille's brother gloves?"

When have done some research on Camille's brother. We found something interesting. He was the second beneficiary on the life insurance of a dying uncle. A rich one. With Camille death, he would be pretty rich, about half a million, plus all the uncle fortune, it was almost a million. Lots of money. We have gone to his house, and we have found his gloves. One his glove, we found a little drop of Camille's blood and a trace of balck powder. Her brother had no alibi. The puzzle was almost complete and it took only two weeks to gather enough proof to put him in jail for a long time.

But the question that remain to me it is, why Thomas was so sure of James innocence and how Thomas knew about the gloves?

Peter Faraday
Criminal Investigator

Last edited:

Mordane76

First Post
Okay -- I was hoping to hear from Lagomorph and Xeoble again before starting. I'm prepping the beginnings for the other four characters, and we will start in the next few days. I'll leave them some time before to response, and we'll integrate them when they come back around.

Lagomorph

First Post
Near as the police could tell, the horrible car wreck resulted from a man trying to get to the hospital with a pregnant wife in back before the baby decided to hop out on its own. As mangled as the bodies were in that car, somehow the EMTs on the scene were able to deliver the child even as the mother slipped away. Born an orphan, Serendipity began life almost immediately as a ward of the state, one among many in the orphanages that played home to children born of ill fortune. Despite the dark twist of fate on the day of her birth, noone can deny that Serendipity (named by a particularly optimistic social worker) has since led quite the charmed life ever since.

Despite never being adopted, she managed to flourish in her surroundings. No matter how often she snuck out of the orphanage, no matter how many times she played hookie from school, she was never caught or punished. Every break always seemed to go her way when it needed to. Growing up street smart and cocky, she developed a taste for adventure and excitement, and even began running with a criminal element.

While making a quick shoplifting run to the grocery store, the mafia itself stopped by the headquarters (really just an abandoned building full of squatters) of the gang of drug dealers she'd fallen in with and eliminated them all in a bloody masacre that made headlines for weeks and fueled a renewed fervor in local politicians to get tough on crime. What the papers didn't cover, or even know about, was the 14 year old girl that walked in on the carnage just as it had ended. The head of the hit squad turned, told her how bad her timing is, and pulled the trigger. But for the first time in his entire career, his gun actually misfired and nothing happened. Struck by the moment, he instead offered her a chance to work with them and be their lucky charm, of sorts. Though she never participated in any of the actual killings, she learned a great deal about the art of the professional hitman and became almost a daughter to Tommy Silano, the man whose gun had miraculously failed and spared her life. He was aware that there was something special about her, though he never had any idea what it was. He taught her about honor, loyalty, family, and duty, if not much about morals and ethics. When she was grown enough to strike out into the world on her own he provided her with the finest weapon the black market could buy, as well as matching protection, and told her as well as the advice "it's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it."

Now she faces a pivotal crossroads in her life. She does not desire to follow in the footsteps of her adopted father, but neither can she see herself resorting to the sort of common life that the average slob leads. She has a more palpable sense of her own specialness than Tommy could have ever imagined, and somehow she knows that she's not alone.

(That's kinda rough, lemme know what needs filling out and/or what might not work at all with the setting/story. Sorry about the huge delay, between a wedding I attended and work I was so busy the last week or so I actually forgot about this thread altogether until last night. I'm good to go and back on track though.)

Xeoble

First Post
I appologize for my lack of attention to this thread, i told Mordane from the beginning that i really wouldn't be able to sink any time into this until at least mid-may because i'm graduating from college and i've been really really busy recently.

Hopefully i can integrate later.

Mordane76

First Post
I have my notes prepped, and I'll be opening the IC thread tonight.

The first thread will be a little splintered, as I'm still weaving you all together first. All of you will start out on your own to begin, so watch the title lines for your character's name, as that's how I'll denote which story I'm advancing. As you blend together, we'll slowly reach a point where I don't have to use titles to keep you all straight... :D

Rybaer

First Post
What's the status of this game? Seems to have started with a whimper and a few players short.

Just curious...'cuz I'm geeked to do some playing. :)

Last edited:

Drakknyte32

First Post
Things do seem to have started slowly but with a little luck they'll start to pick up. I've been looking forward to this game for a long time.

Remove ads