• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Armor as DR: d20 Sources?

mkletch

First Post
I asked this question as a tangent on another thread, and completely forgot which thread!? So, apologies to anyone that may have answered this earlier, but what d20 sources, and WotC sources preferred, have a mechanic for armor providing DR.

Thanks in advance,

Fletch!

Apok

First Post
Also, the Arsenal book has rules for using Armor as DR and Class Defense Bonuses for the existing PHB classes. The book is a 3rd party suppliment meant for a futuristic setting which mixes magic, high technology, and space travel (aka Dragonstar) and I highly recommend it if you enjoy the setting.

Gez

First Post
Bah ! Then you need to give damage reduction reduction to piercing weapons, and damage reduction augmentation to bashing weapons. Too much of a hassle IMO.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Which is probably why it should be an optional or variant rules, since it deviates from the more common rules but allow veteran/advanced gamer to take the d20 system to the next level. With armor penetration value, you can scale armor from the antique chainmail to the ultramodern kevlar BDU (appearing soon in this millenium's US military).

Of course, the drawback to this much details is the constant feedback to make this part of the standard rules and not as a variant, forcing the average gamer to be overwhelmed by so many stats and be turned off by it, leaving the small elitist gamers to support the RPG industry.

mkletch

First Post
Armor as DR

I am actually going to implement in a low-magic fantasy campaign. Not really sure how it is going to work out yet.

Thanks for all the tips.

-Fletch!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads