• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Armor of Shared Health

Property: When you use a healing power that benefits an ally, you also regain hit points equal to one-half the hit points the ally regains.

My question is: If you heal multiple allies with a power, does one get on-half of the hit points that each ally regained?

BobTheNob

First Post
Its a little unclear unless there is something out there someone knows for sure about it.

If that is true though, my god, this is a suit of surgeless insta-heal. Just how many group heals does the healer asking about this have?

(p.s. my inclination right now, without more concrete information, is to say best amount healed. Seems more in line with the game scales we know and understand)

Ha, yes, it does lead to mega-healing, even when just used with Healing Word combined with the Supreme Healing Feat; it basically leads to like +4 healing surges/encounter for the healer, and that's just with those things, let alone, other healing powers. And all that seems a bit much (albeit, not for my cleric, who tends to get batted around all the time). I'm surprised though, I figure if they were going to errata it, then why haven't they done so already? I figure they would have by now if they were going to (but, sure, that's not necessarily true). My only inclination that makes me believe that the property works as written, is that it is a level 30 item.

And yes, I agree with your idea of the best value healed. That does seem to be a lot more aligned with things. Especially, in the post mega-healing era.

Last edited:

fba827

Adventurer
i have no reference to back up my opinion, but my interpretation of this would be the same as BobTheNob's -- you pick one person that benefited (presumably whomever got the most) and gain your benefit based on that.

frogged

First Post
It's important to note that the trigger for this item property is not healing an ally, but on using a power that heals. Even if a power targets multiple allies, the power is still only used once. In such a case, the armor's property only activates once. You would have to choose which ally the armor refers to (probably the one being healed the most).

Property: When you use a healing power that benefits an ally, you also regain hit points equal to one-half the hit points the ally regains.

keterys

First Post
I'd let a player heal half the amount they healed. Or let them restrict themselves to once for group powers. Whichever way they wanted to roll.

Then again, it is a L30 armor, so my level of caring is pretty low :)

Remove ads