• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Arrrrgh

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Joshua Dyal said:
Meanwhile games like "Elevator Action" seem fully realized and infinite. ;)

Man, I spent hours playing Elevator Action.

My father worked for Taito until I was about 7, and there was an entire factory floor of arcade games, plugged in and working, with no coin plates installed.

Time Pilot, Front Line, Elevator Action, Frogger, the Star Wars arcade game...

Good times.

-Hyp.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Joshua Dyal said:
You, Hypersmurf, officially suck! Man, I would have loved that childhood! ;)

And, of course, since Taito supplied the big arcade in town, we knew all the girls who worked the counter... so instead of going to the window, we'd go round to the back of the booth and knock on the door, and whoever was working would give us a big double-handful of tokens...

:D

-Hyp.

Angcuru

First Post
My brother and I jointly own all videogame systems and most games that have been released. Plus we have an extensive library of PC games.

And....I have grown bored with them all. HORRORS!

At least now I'll have more time to do better things. :rolleyes:

MerakSpielman

First Post
Perhaps there's such a thing as too much of a good thing Angcuru?

One of the reasons I got so addicted to video games was their scarcity... My parents refused to get me a Nintendo, so I was forced to make friends with the nearest kid who had one. Still, he only had a few games. But man, they were special, just because they were all I could get.

Allanon

Explorer
I remember when my mom gave me and my brother a nintendo for christmas. I was the first in my school... man did I ever aquire friends fast then :)... and lose them subsequently after someone else got a better sega computer. I still own that nintendo console with the original gold edition game of Zelda... >sigh< memories

MerakSpielman said:
Perhaps there's such a thing as too much of a good thing Angcuru?

One of the reasons I got so addicted to video games was their scarcity... My parents refused to get me a Nintendo, so I was forced to make friends with the nearest kid who had one. Still, he only had a few games. But man, they were special, just because they were all I could get.
That's a good point. I find, often, that the games I do have lose their mystique, just because I have them and can play them whenever I want. Subsequently, I don't play them all that often, sometimes. When I rent or borrow something, though -- man, I'll play that nonstop for days.

Aeolius

Adventurer
Anyone else remember the Odyssey, a gaming system that relied upon graphics printed on plastic overlays taped over your TV screen? Okay, I'm officially old, now. ;)

Malcolm

First Post
I remember that one Aeolius, yer not so old. ;)

I play AoW -SM and its pretty good, better than previous and not as many crashes!

Oh, and for nostalgia I offer:
1 - Downloaded Masters of Magic (microprose early 90s) last night and got it working Wonderfully on WinXP. No crashey-crashey.
... and then I played way to long and got 4hrs of sleep. Ahhh good times..

2 - I had an Intellivision growing up.
Due to "disk paddles" I no longer have a ball joint in the base of my thumb where it meets the wrist... so I thyup wip a whipth.
/jk*
:p

MerakSpielman

First Post
I have wasted so many hours playing Master of Magic it ain't funny... but that was back in '93. Did you get it from an abandonware site?

4 hrs sleep... that sounds familiar...

I remember a kid down the street who had an Intellivision! Gosh, that was back when I was like 7 or something. They had this game "B-52 bomber" or something that I was totally addicted to.

Remove ads