D&D 5E Art and Arcana: A visual History just arrived!

Last night I went to Booksoup in Los Angeles for a signing of Art & Arcana. Michael, Sam, Kyle, and Jon were there, along with Joe Manganiello. They spotted Luke Gygax in the audience--the son of Gary Gygax--and called him up to join the signing. Chris Hardwick was in the crowd, and there may have been other nerd celebrities that I missed. Joe was giving out Death Saves t-shirts to everyone who asked a question. I chatted with them while they were signing my books (I bought two) and asked where the tour was taking them. The previous night they'd been in Portland, Oregon. Tonight they're at Skylight Books in LA. After that they head to San Francisco, and while in SF they're doing signings at Pixar, Lucasfilm, and Google. It was a cool event. By the way, the book is great.

Quartz

Hero
And it arrived today and I've had a quick gander. It is, of course, gorgeous, and I'm old enough to remember many of the pictures. But as a Brit there is one glaring hole: nothing from Imagine. Is there anything in there from TSR UK?

Nebulous

Legend
I also noticed that they didn't touch on any of the Endless Quest or Super Endless Quest books, which were instrumental getting me into the game because I was too young at the time (and my parents would never buy me an expensive book with demons on the cover).

I've read through all of Art & Arcana, it is great, but I'm already chomping at the bit for a sequel. Or two. :)

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
And it arrived today and I've had a quick gander. It is, of course, gorgeous, and I'm old enough to remember many of the pictures. But as a Brit there is one glaring hole: nothing from Imagine. Is there anything in there from TSR UK?

Fiend Folio.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Bought the regular book as the inserts and posters didn't appeal to me (although I do like the Hydro74 alternative cover). I'm loving it. Absolutely worth the price. Especially with the Amazon pre-order discount. Already paged through the entire thing letting nostalgia wash over me and am going back and reading it. I love books on the history of D&D and RPGs and it is wonderful to now have a visual history.

Remove ads