• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Art from George's Children (Updated with other project art)

Jon H

First Post
HeyHey.

Expedition to the Ruins of Castle GreyHawk comes out this month from WotC, and the art gallery is up on their site. So here's wot I done:

This is my favourite thing I've painted in a while. Simple subject matter, classic stuff. I was thinking of Elmore's dark haired cleric (not Aleena, the one next to the class description) cleric from the red basic D&D set from some inspiration. After I finished my painting I went and actually looked at what he did. Good learning experience about a few things!
clericbu6.jpg

(C)2007 Wizards of the Coast. All rights reserved.

Here's good ole Iuz. Well bad ole Iuz.
iuzoc5.jpg

Now here's one I wasn't sure about. I think in an ideal world I would have started over with what I learned by making the piece. The combination of the complex cage and the angle vexed me. Live and learn!
cageev0.jpg

This was a half pager. I was unsure about it since it was another complex image with a demanding brief - the opposite to the cleric piece. But the AD was very happy, so that's good enough for me:
stairvk2.jpg

Jon H

First Post
Here's one I painted for myself this week.
dragoncropxe0.jpg

Larger version with full bleed:

Some details:
detailsdragonbv4.jpg

detailspeopleaq8.jpg

As an aside, first rights are available to any interested publisher, for a negotiable price!
Thanks for looking!

Remove ads