• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Art of the top 30 D&D modules, for your pleasure

cavetroll

Explorer
So while I slowly work on my game, I figured I would throw something on my youtube channel that might be fun.
I decided on high def 4k samples of art/pages from my old 1e and 2e modules, for your nostalgia of running those old adventures.
I also hired singer songwriter Roysha Arielle so you have some sweet 80s era inspired music.

Playlist:

I underestimated the effort to complete this project, over a month now lol. Just two to go.

Greggy C

Hero
For whatever reason I prefer the old modules because ultimately I hacked them, whereas the new 5e modules are just overwhelming to use unless you use them as is.

Jer

Legend
Supporter
For whatever reason I prefer the old modules because ultimately I hacked them, whereas the new 5e modules are just overwhelming to use unless you use them as is.
I find that I can hack the current crop of 5e modules but it's more difficult to do so because they're so plot based rather than location based.

This was also a problem I had with most of the 2e adventures as well. 3e and 4e both had a lot more site-based adventures that were easier to modify, but 5e is definitely back to that 2nd edition feel for plot heavy adventures.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
I'm currently plodding through a re-write of the Omu and the Tomb of the Nine Gods sections of Tomb of Annihilation, and I can attest to this difficulty. It's like hacking through the densest jungle you can imagine, inch by inch. [sighs]

Remove ads