• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Art Request

mps42

First Post
I am sending out an art request to all the talented artists out there. I need a fairly simple (i think) piece of art. I will tell you what I want first and then, if anyone asks, why I want it.

Wanted:
A fairly simple line drawing of a western-style dragon (yes I know chinese dragons are cool too but not what I want.)
Drawing should be approximately 4 to 6 inches square (tall and narrow and short and wide are ok just please dont exceed the maximum of 6 inches.)
Drawing should be BLACK AND WHITE LINE DRAWING WITH NO SHADING. Yes, I know I said line drawing before but this is CRITICAL to the application.
Last but not least, drawing should be WHITE ON BLACK. Yes, black background, white lines.

Thanks in advance.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
mps42 said:
Last but not least, drawing should be WHITE ON BLACK. Yes, black background, white lines.
Which means if someone gives you black on white, you can just invert the colors (feature on any image editor, even Paint).

mps42

First Post
The problem with inversion of colors is usually they don't invert properly and you wind up with a mess...
This is why I asked for white on black. However, if black on white is all I can get, I guess I'll just have to live... :D

Helspar

First Post
Will this work?

DragonReq.jpg

mps42

First Post
Very nice and thank you Helspar!
Will it work? maybe. I'll take a longer look at it when I get a little more time. first impression though: lines are a bit fine and a bit too much detail for what I want.

Alright, here goes. A while back I customized my computer case with a paintjob and side window. I am now thinking about etching the window with the artwork that I have requested. The only way I have to do this is with a Dremel. So, lines need to be bold and uncluttered and detail, sadly, kept to a minimum.

Tewligan

First Post

mps42

First Post
Yes, I had tried "google"ing but didn't find anything that wowed me.

Thanks for the links! I will be trolling through those soonish.

Finster

First Post
mps42,
Are you near a shop that makes signs? If so, you can get "etched glass" vinyl for the window on your computer. It looks and acts just like actual etching and can be created in great detail (even line drawings like the above). You must first have a vector image though. That means creating the image in an adobe illustrator-like software, or creating vectors from a raster image (tedious).
Advantage to this is that it can be created over and over with no loss of quality or difference between prints.
Check it out:)

Remove ads