• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Arthnek's India Inks on Bristol

Arthnek

First Post
Hi guys,

I am in the process of getting out a series of free .pdf download campaign books for old school D&D. Down the road I plan to do some paid material for modules and that sort of thing as well for the setting.

I am working on developing my skills as an artist in the direction of doing classic black and white AD&D artwork similar to what you saw in books in the 1980s.

Here is an example.

thief1.jpg

I will post more every now and then as I go.

Thanks for peeking,
Art

Last edited:

Sirith

First Post
I like it (b&w art rocks).
Though perhaps try to work on your values, get a bit more darks and lights into your drawing :)

Arthnek

First Post
This is my first ever attempt at doing a landscape. It is very rough as you can see but I learned a great deal. I also know I need to get some real tools for b&w rather than using simple ball point pens and such.

This is a composite of several practice images. It is supposed to be an image of the bridge connecting the main floating isle to a massive floating rock upon which is constructed the city of Sarpa.

I am in the foreground, exploring my own campaign world with my trusty matchlock rifle slung over my shoulder and a supply bag. It is windy so I am trying to keep my straw hat on my head. =D

bridgeatsarpa.jpg

Arthnek

First Post
Thanks Storn! Frankly I am in utter awe of your art. I am dedicating myself to doing one finished picture a day now while I also work on my writing. My father and sister are both professional artists and I always knew i could doddle. I finally have the time to enjoy it myself.

Oh. I get to play AD&D on Saturday. It is a thievies of waterdeep adventure. This is my gnome Rogue / Ranger who specializes in hunting vermin. Most of the party is shorty types and my guess is it will be pretty hilarious. Somewhere along the lines of Time Bandits meets AD&D.

Verminatorweb.jpg

Arthnek

First Post
This is not quite finished. The idea is a set of borders featuring casters in the process of blasting one another into teeny tiny bits.

This is for the magic book coming out early next week. Not a lot of time to finish this up but it is a final touch I wanted to have.

Here is an example of one idea in process.

webcaster.jpg

Arthnek

First Post
India Ink on Bristol.

Cleric of Saint "Mad" Madelyn involved in the Inquisition war against all Arcane spellcasters.

"Whoops" I thought better about posting this ink here as it has a pretty graphic theme. No nudity or anything but still. If you want to peer at it and you are an adult you can check it out under the art section of the forums over at Knights-n-Knaves.com.

I wanted to capture the disturbing, intolerant personality of the cleric in this ink. I have a lot to learn but this is at least communicates the idea fairly clearly.

Art

Last edited:

Arthnek

First Post
This one is not exactly new. Just a for fun piece. I wanted to do a picture of one of my tribal human characters out hunting with their harpoon. This character is mounted on the back of a flying creature that is not exactly a dragon or a flying dinosaur but sort of a combination of both.

She is rising up and bracing on the shoulder of her mount to hurl her harpoon. Some bits i feel like a really got. The stirrup, the tension in the mount's rein in her hand. THe way she is aiming with her off hand and grasping the rein. Her hair especially. I discovered that an artist I admire inks his character hair imagining it to be smoke. Or at least that is my interpretation when I am inking it. The result is a much more fluid and alive look to the billowing hair than I was doing before.

windhuntress1-1.jpg

The Sky Huntress

Remove ads