• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Artificer and concentrate

MarkB

Legend
Artificer Infusions can be disrupted during casting by Attacks of Opportunity just like spells, or at least that's my understanding. They also tend to cast a lot of spells from scrolls.

harikus

First Post
Artificer Infusions can be disrupted during casting by Attacks of Opportunity just like spells, or at least that's my understanding. They also tend to cast a lot of spells from scrolls.

So basically I would need concentration to keep from being interrupted when casting from a scroll if I were an Artificer? I guess I forgot about that. But they wouldn't need that for wands right? That doesn't change with the class eh? But they would need UMD for everything.

MarkB

Legend
So basically I would need concentration to keep from being interrupted when casting from a scroll if I were an Artificer?

Yes, or if you try to cast an infusion in melee.

But they wouldn't need that for wands right?

No, wands use Spell Trigger activation and don't provoke attacks. Activating them via Use Magic Device doesn't change that.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads