• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Artificer Class

fantasybandcamp

First Post
Hey guys, I've been toying around with homebrewing for D&D and suddenly found myself making an artificer class.
I'm still working on editing the fluff, but I think everything else looks good. Comments are welcome.
If you were looking for a 5e artificer to use in your Eberron game, give this a shot.
Working on a shaman class similar to 4e's and Dragonmarked Races for Eberron as well.

Link To Google Docs

The_Gneech

Explorer
It may be beyond the scope of what you have in mind, but it occurs to me you could make alchemy one of the artificer traditions and emulate the Pathfinder Alchemist as another subclass. Just a thought.

-TG :cool:

fantasybandcamp

First Post
I thought that too! It might be something I add, especially since 4e's artificer had some alchemy options. The only thing that made me hesitant was that the alchemists spells only affected themselves; though, I guess most people wouldn't mind the extra versatility.

fantasybandcamp

First Post
Also I fixed a lot of typos. Their spellcastibg stat is now int instead of wis, there are no more random references to the bard, and they no longer have more spellslots than other casters.

animal chubs

First Post
sploosh you just found what some of my NPC's gnomes are gonna be in my session. They already have Gnome suits but this.... is awesome

Sadrik

First Post
This looks good! Well done. I might also suggest as Gneech did and that would be to add the alchemist as a subclass. To make more sense, I think selecting the tradition at level 1 but only give the proficiencies (they did level 1 for the cleric because they did not want the character to all of a sudden be trained in armor and weapons - I think that is true here too). For the alchemist subclass, give them something similar to the tinkerer at level 1.

Pulling from d20pfsrd:
Mutagen can be a spell
Bomb can be a spell (cantrip for an always on feel or 1st level spell for a only a few times a day)

Level 1 or 3 (not sure which)
Extract...

Level 1 or 3 (not sure which)
Discovery... select one every odd level at level 19 you can select a grand discovery

Level 6
Recipe... use a spell of 3rd or less as a ritual to make a potion. Basically brew a potion, a permanent one. These count as a spell known too in your ritual book perhaps.

Level 14
Instant alchemy

So in the end you would have 9 or 10 discoveries depending if you bring the discovery feature at 1st or 3rd. I think third makes the most sense.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads