• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Artificer Infusion items

Storme

First Post
I read a comment somewhere that a Schema is one of two ways that an Artificer can add infusions to a spell trigger item. Of course, he nor anyone else on the thread ever elaborated as to the second.

Other than Schema, how can my artificer create an infusion device? I'm trying to find a way around those pesky 1 minute casting times (the feat is only usable once a day so no need to discuss that).

I would love to make a "Wand of Greater Armor Enhancement!" Or maybe a Rod of Greater Armor Enhancment 2x/day. Better yet, Beads of Armor Enhancement, Greater!

Storme

LonePaladin

Explorer
The comment you saw wasn't quite right; minor schema are essentially scrolls that aren't expended when used, and they can hold either spells or infusions. More powerful schema work like the blueprint for a magical item, allowing their possessor to create multiple copies of an item very quickly (though the rules in Magic of Eberron are unclear on how this really works).

As for creating a device that activates an infusion similar to a wand? Not doable, because infusions aren't spells or powers. Just as a warlock can't imbue one of their invocations in a magic item, artificers can't put their infusions into items; in fact, even the infusions they have that duplicate existing spells don't count as meeting the spell requirements. An artificer has light on their 1st-level list, but still have to make Use Magic Device checks to create a wand of light.

For a rod of greater armor enhancement, just find or create a minor schema for it. (If you want to make it, you'll need a feat from Magic of Eberron.)

castro3nw

First Post
Why not just create (buy) oils/potions of the infusions you like? They cost twice as much, and only go up to 3rd level.

See Alchemist Savant. Magic of Eberron, pg. 55 "brew universal potion"

Remove ads