• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Artificer Questions

jestersfall

First Post
Hi, I have a couple of questions on the Artificer play-test.

On the healing Infusion power states that i can use the power twice per encounter, once per round. can i use the same version of the healing infusion or does it mean i have to use the different version?
Also the components power say that i can turn mundane materials into components for powers does powers include Rituals?:hmm:

Starbuck_II

First Post

On the healing Infusion power states that i can use the power twice per encounter, once per round. can i use the same version of the healing infusion or does it mean i have to use the different version?
Both. If it doesn't say (example is Drow says one or the other) then you get to choose.

Also the components power say that i can turn mundane materials into components for powers does powers include Rituals?:hmm:
No, Rituals aren't powers.
They are rituals.

vladbat

First Post
You can use either of the healing infusions twice. You cannot use both of them twice. In the power it says "you can use a healing infusion power twice per encounter but only once per round." So you can use restorative or curative in any combination totalling two per encounter. You don't get two restoratives and two curatives.

James McMurray

First Post
What Starbuck said. The transmutation of materials into components is basically so the Artificer can have the flavor of using alchemy and technology to do their stuff, but without the achilles heel of being unable to do anything unless they bring an alchemy lab on the adventure with them.

1of3

Explorer
The authors of the Adventurer's Vault certainly did, since everybody who gets Ritual Caster for free may instead take Alchemy.

Danforthe

First Post
I can't see anywhere where it states it so I was wondering if the character is of a class that gets the Ritual Caster feat as part of their build (Wizard, Cleric, Artificer) and they get free rituals with the Feat, do they instead gain the same number of recipes for Alchemy? I had assumed so, since Alchemy would be fairly useless otherwise tho starting characters.

jestersfall

First Post

Thanks for the info. drat and i thought i could get away with some cheap rituals

Remove ads