Artificer UA to be released in February

I don't think there is a bunker strong enough to endure the fanbase exploding over this.

I really, really, really want a viable gunslinger artificer. Competitive damage + decent utility.

A gun-based subclass is unlikely to be in the "official" UA Artificer design, since that is probably going to be quite closely connected with Eberron. However there may well be a wand-user archetype that could be converted.
And there is pretty definitely going to be even more gunslinger-type classes around on DMsGuild.

CapnZapp

Legend
WotC has tweeted: "The next Unearthed Arcana will be released in February and will be the Artificer! Thanks for your patience as we take this month to finish it."

What's an artificer? For those unfamiliar, it's a class from Eberron which treats magic like technology.

Sorry to ruin your party, but this is complete non-news.

And can somebody point out that its been four years. It's mighty rich asking us to have patience.

They could have released this a year ago, or two years ago. Suggesting this month makes a difference feels like a punch to the face.

The real story is that WotC chooses to not release content.

Where's the revised Beastmaster?

Where's the psionics?

We've gotten exactly zero new classes, and a bunch of subclasses that mostly just change existing concepts around, without providing any new mechanics.​

D

DQDesign

Adventuring on ships definitely has a longer legacy than a class that didn't exist for the majority of DnD's existence

it was introduced in 1996*, so it has been existing for more than a half of the (A)D&D game life, qualifying it as at least as important as ships. and needing an official support more than boats, IMO. but that could be because no much of my games involve ships, but all of them involve players asking for new character's options.

*in Player's Options:spells & magic, as a wizard subclass (exactly as for the first UA).

D

DQDesign

1996 is still around 15 years later than adventuring on ships.

you could be right, seen from an hystorical perspective the absence of complete rules related to ships&boats in PHB or DMG is a critical flaw in wotc design of 5E.

I start to guess the artificier will not a vacian spellcaster but the arcanepunk version of techie advanced class from d20 Modern. And we will see a transition toward arcanepunk tech like a previous step to a second edition of d20 Modern.

Will I can craft a crossbow what reload itself? Something like the spell "ghostly reload" from 3.5 "Races of Dragons".

Alchemist was an artificier subclass. Why not also a subclass about magic runes?

generic

On that metempsychosis tweak
Sorry to ruin your party, but this is complete non-news.

And can somebody point out that its been four years. It's mighty rich asking us to have patience.

They could have released this a year ago, or two years ago. Suggesting this month makes a difference feels like a punch to the face.

Where's the psionics?

We've gotten exactly zero new classes, and a bunch of subclasses that mostly just change existing concepts around, without providing any new mechanics.

Meanwhile, members of the homebrew community have produced dozens of high-quality homebrew classes such as an Artificer, Psionicist, Witch, et cetera. Has WotC noticed this? No. So much for taking ideas from the fanbase (one of the goals stated when the DMsGuild was created).

dave2008

Legend
And can somebody point out that its been four years.

Shouldn't we be waiting like 16 more years for an updated then?! 4-5 years is way to fast for me! ;)

Thank goodness, I would be happy if they completely stopped releasing content.

There isn't one - I thought they made this clear.

Where's the psionics?
Unfortunately I think they will make this - I've always hated psionics and will have to happily ignore them once again I guess. Maybe WotC / Hasbro will go bankrupt before they get to it - I can dream ;)

Sorry - I'm a bit off today and felt like being the dissenting voice.

Remove ads

Remove ads