• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Artificer UA to be released in February

I don't think there is a bunker strong enough to endure the fanbase exploding over this.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I tried making a High Elf Artillerist gish build focused around using the Force Ballista for shortsword Booming Blade cheese and then using a longbow when the turret is down or when I want to double down on ranged spam. Stat spreads I made were:
- 11 14 14 16 10 10
- 8 16 14 16 10 10
- 10 16 14 16 10 8

Is 14 Dex really enough? It maxes out the medium armor bonus, but for a build that relies on my weapons I'm a little worried. But if I pump Dex to 16 I have to dump something and i don't want to dump Wis so its either Str or Cha. But if I dump Str I can't use longswords or most simple weapons effectively until Level 12 when I can craft the Ogre Gauntlets...

Well, the Artillerist needs more Dex, and Strength is of negligable use: the Alchemist is more suited for a front line Gish, needing no Dex for AC for range attacks.

Remove ads

Remove ads