Artist looking to do some fun sketches.

A Crazy Fool

First Post
shade is a human rog/ftr. despite being human she is absurdly tall and thin almost 7'8. she wears unornamental leather armor. she wears gloves and covers her face with the exception of her eyes. she has a ponytail down to the middle of her back, this is covered with black-iorn cylinders, there are a toatal of 12 cylinders. strapped to her back is an elongeated heavy crossbow (about 4 feet long)

nyrfherdr

First Post
Bobacus: I love your style.

I love the variety you put into your work. We can tell you did the work, but no two images look the same. That's great.
I also love your effort to create action.

Keep it up. Amazing talent there.
Game ON!
Nyrfherdr

Bojangles

First Post
I must say, I am impressed. I love what you've done so far, and I encourage you to put up a gallery somewhere of other fantasy/sci-fi/whatever art you've done.

Now then, I have a challenge for you, I rather interesting character I've played for some time now. If you aren

Lierath (elven for arcane mistress as from races of the wild)
class/level: warlock/11 (class from complete arcane, like sorcerors only even more innate and less flexible. Power comes from either demons/devils or fey (Hers is devilish in origin and passed by blood. Primary attack is a beam of arcane power fired from the hand. Also has numerous other abilities.)
Gross qualities: female elf, 5'0" tall. 101 lbs. Physically her body is 124 years old (young adult) and almost completely unmarred, unlike a typical mercenary would be.

The character started his life as a male changeling mercenary named Rho. (yeah, bad things happen). He was the charismatic leader of his small band of mercenaries, the Gideons. Their jobs have taken them from Breland to becoming embroiled in the defense of the halflings of Talenta from the elves of Valenar. They then traveled to Karrnath with teh halfling matriarch to acquire support for the halflings from the undead legions of the Karrnathi army. To help smooth things over they were hired by Karrnath and had to track down teh people killing the messengers. Anyway, a tough battle and one arrow-punctured warlock later (Hey, the cleric died too...just his body didn't get disintegrated by a party member detonating his necklace of fireballs while it was around his neck.) Anyway, the party manages to secure Rho a reincarnate from a friendly druid and raise dead the cleric. Rho wakes up in his new body as a young nubile female elf with a good appearance score. Gender confusion ensues.

Rho was a bit of a pervert anyway, but we won't go into that. He was laid back and knew how to have a good time. Still does. Now he comes back as an elf? A she-elf? Anyway, she has a hat of disguise to replace her change shape ability. She also bought a whip and put ranks into intimidate...but we won't go there. Mostly he/she prefers a dress military uniform with the Gideon shoulder patch (illusionary of course) or sturdy, comfortable adventurers garb.

equipment: chain shirt, belt with about a half-dozen wands in it, buckler, whip (nonproficient), and rapier. Her warlock invocation that grants her flight manifests as a billowing cloak of shadow as well if you feel up to that. Other illustratable powers include her ability to channel her blast through a melee weapon and protective swirling wind that blocks ranged attacks.

I'm not quite sure what I see when I imagine this character, except the blast and maybe Harrison Ford smirk/grin. Of course, her only loyalty is toward her squad and reputation so tends to be somewhat chaotic in dealings with others. So, just as easily could have a mad grin. Dying and losing your manhood but gaining other fun bits does strange things to a guy. Er...girl. Agh!

I also see you say you enjoy drawing warforged, let me break two down for you that might be fun to illustrate. The first fits your style more I believe.

Zero: Zero is a mithral body warforged soulknife. He wields his glowing psy-longsword and shield with merciless machine-like efficiency. He hates the fleshies which used him and his kind and threw them away like they were nothing. He prides himself most on being focused and efficient. Zero works for the lord of blades and answers directly to the lord's right-hand man: Domo. (the other WF...in a previous campaign determined that the other races were not fit to rule themselves as they kill and cheat each other. Only warforged domination will ensure peace.)

Zero in action: He runs up the side of the tower and spots the incoming lightning-rail train. He runs back down to warn his comrades. As it slowly comes around the curve the five warforged grab ahold of the middle car and swing aboard. Zero slides open the door to the full diner car, the passengers turn toward the open door and the malicing figure within with shock. Stepping inside, Zero says "get to the front, NOW." When noone moves he draws forth his soulblade and throws it in one swift motion, and suddenly a glowing sword is sprouting from the crimson chest of an elderly man. "I said MOVE."

Domo: Domo is a adamantine body artificer. He wears a shield on one arm. His belt is stuffed with wands, he wears a bandolier of scrolls in cases across his chest, and carries a satchel of potions. He wears a magic item in every body slot and his forearms contain wand sheathes, one with a magic missle and one with a scorching ray. Domo blasts things. He also has numerous homunculi. He has two dedicated wrights (grey, stunted, foot tall misshapen dwarves with hammers), one furtive filcher (1/2 foot tall tall humanoid wisp of shadow), and one expeditious messenger (cross between a tiny dragon and a winged lemur, squirrel sized).

Domo is stoic and does what needs to be done. When a member of their party became irreversibly corrupted by an artifact sword, he and the cleric of the silver flame attacked this member in his sleep but failed to instantly kill him, hoping that death would break the curse. Took them two rounds instead. When the other 2 party members showed up to fight against them Domo and the cleric dropped them to unconsciousness and forced them to see it their way. The body was stolen soon after and bad things happened...but that's another story.

And he used to be Domo Aregato, the roboto. But there was no way that would fly ina remotely serious game ;)

Last edited:

ThorneMD

First Post
First off, I just want to say that your drawings are getting better with each new one.

Lysian Alexael Vako (Human Paladin of Tyranny)
He is described as a moderately tall human with well-kept, short hair that is beginning to go gray. He stands 6’3” and weighs about 235 pounds. He is built like a soldier and walks with the look of experience. He is commonly seen wearing his black breastplate with an equally black helmet. He has a two-bladed scimitar with him and a cloak the color of fresh blood flows behind him. (For some reason I can't get the pic to work, it can be seen on the Character Request Thread, the first post on page 12, sorry for any trouble :heh: )

He wields a two bladed scimitar and occasionally also has a javelin with him. His helmet looks like the one in the picture, but colored black.

Battering Ram (Warforged Fighter/Cavalier)
He stands at 6'8" and weighs 270 lbs. No hair, but wears black pants with a leather belt, a simple tan shirt, a good cloak, a lower face cover (only occasionally), and his simple backpack. His weapons include a MW bastard sword or a lance (when on the back of his trusted horse).

Haldir (Half-Orc Druid)
Haldir stands at 6'5" and seems to be all muscle. He has longs black hair, kept in a neat braid. Haldir wears fine clothing, and has a fine scimitar with runes in it on his left side. He now wears hide armor made from the hide of an Ankheg with a large shield of the same hide. He wears three simple stones on a string around his neck, and another necklace of animal teeth.

Any of these (hopefully all) are appreciated.

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
Man I miss these, He's not doing any new free ones here, but his commision rates are on his website. Not too much, if he is still doing them.

GW

Remove ads