• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Artist pay scale?

JQP

First Post
Hi, I went to art school years ago and now I'm dusting off my desk and getting a portfolio ready. I'd like to take a crack at getting RPG work (I like fantasy and superhero genres best but I'm not choosy).

What are the sizes (full, 1/2, 1/4?) and the going rates for each (B&W)? If you don't want to talk about going rates, you can just post or PM me your going rates. :)

Other than that, I'm open to any and all advice on getting RPG work. What forums should I be reading? Who should I be emailing? Where should I send portfolios? What's hot? What's not? What would you want to see in my portfolio? What's the market like in general?

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
RPG work pays poorly. :)

Depending on who you work with (I'm sure WotC pays well!), the average RPG publisher can't afford great rates. And you're more likely to find work with a PDF publisher, who can afford even less (a couple of exceptions, but EN Publishing is one of the bigger PDF publishers, and I'll be honest and say our rates aren't great).

Remove ads