• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Aryana Players Fourm

Felix

Explorer
Since we don't know each others' screennames, I think introductions are in order - again. Heh.

This is Austin, and Marauder X is Jon. When the rest of you guys file in here, you'll know what to do.

MX, I read the monk thread, and think that there are many advantages to playing the halfling monk, you just have to realize that you are playing a support/flanking combatant, and will not be able to thump people on a regular basis. You'll be the tactical jewel of the party, if not the damage dealer. As long as you remain faithful to that you will be viable. Yes, for a while it will mean that your job will be to tumble behind the wizards to set up Ajax for a flank. The monk's benefits are in the long run, and only a few levels won't help much. Be a survivor. Your g/f will appreciate it!

As for what we're going to do in Phrada, Cato is about to check out the White Sanctum where all the mindless are. After a (long and drawn out?) conversation with the sanctist, in which I will ask for a building to house and teach the Mindless seperate from his Redeemer Sanctum, I will want to see Yasmeen, and the initiate Equila.

After all that, he plans on seeing his sister and Cyrus. (note: not Cyris the Fighter, and instead it's pronounced SIGH-russ)

Does anyone wish to join me, or perhaps have ideas for other pursuits? At some point I think we will need to talk to the Tyrants, but Cato's mind is on these things at the moment.

Felix

Explorer
Holy COW! I had forgotten!

We need to go back to Cyrisville and get those disks we buried there! They are now in the heart of the enemy, and supposedly the Jinn are closing the valley to any who want to enter: the things they most desire will be right under their thumb!

MarauderX

Explorer
I had thought of that also when we figured out Jehna was ransacked, but since Oriental Adventures just arrived in the mail my concerns have been dulled. OA has so many cool feats... now I hope they are all available.

Oh - and we might want to go to the iron mines and free the slaves there too. There is a town nearby (named Suranga) and we can see what their political stance is. Another town named Kilik is 3 days east of Suranga, and is in the heart of the Dost tribe lands. We might want to proceed with caution if we go that way and if we get the chance take out Volgar.

To get to Heta through the desert and Jehna will require about 10 days total travel.

Last edited:

Cyris

First Post
Need explanation

Who are the “mindless Survivors”?

Who is the Usurper named Cyrus?

What is wrong with Equlia?

How is Cyopolis in enemy hands?

Ya’ll need to fill me in…

MarauderX

Explorer
Re: Need explanation

Cyris said:

When we arrived at the slaver camp, all of the slaves and guards that survived (about 15) were wandering around mindlessly. Whenever we touched them they began shrieking loudly, and everyone at the camp was either dead or in this condition. After finding the attackers, we got some questions answered that sorta led to the conclussion we need to re-teach the survivors everything.

Cyris said:

Ya’ll need to fill me in…

With Jehna being overrun, rumors are flying that the Jinn are building fortifications at the entrance to the Darya river valley, basically sealing off Jehna, Cyopolis, and all the other Duranni tribe towns along the river.

Not sure about you guys, but I am getting a feeling of urgency to our tasks, such as freeing the slaver mines and meddling in the Dost politics while we are there.

Cyris

First Post
I have no problem raiding the mines, however we gotta get back to Cryopolis and retrieve the discs. Then we need to decide whom to give them to.

Felix

Explorer

Their minds were taken from them, and they have become like children again. Basically, I've been holding kindergarten class while we were on the road to Phrada.

Who is the Usurper named Cyrus?

He was an NPC I wrote into my background before you joined the group. Who's the Usurper now? Besides, your names are both spelled and pronounced differently.

What is wrong with Equlia?

That is one of the things we need to find out.

What Marauder said.

I agree. We have a large degree of urgency, and need to get those disks. When we do, though, let's not try to walk straight out of the valley, through the Jinn guards. ;)

Ajax

Explorer
I think the disks are probably more important than the iron mines, but if we cut through the mountains to get to cyropolis, then I think the mines are kind of on the way.
I'm also thinking that we might want to tell Yasmeen about the disks and our plan to retrieve them, so if we don't come back, they'll be able to send someone else for them.
Wherever we wind up going, I think we should leave in the morning. That should give us time to get a little rest and take care of any business we have in town.
And depending on Asad's backstory, it should give him an opportunity to meet up with us.

Remove ads