• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

As a DM, which class do you wish your group played more?

Which class would you prefer to see more of in the games you run?

• Barbarian

Votes: 8 3.0%
  • Bard

Votes: 33 12.5%
  • Cleric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Druid

Votes: 24 9.1%
  • Fighter

Votes: 24 9.1%
  • Monk

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • Paladin

Votes: 30 11.3%
  • Ranger

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • Rogue

Votes: 25 9.4%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 14 5.3%
  • Wizard

Votes: 25 9.4%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 18 6.8%

Okay, I know it's a strange question...

But which class do you wish your players would select more often than they do?

For me, it's the rogue. For whatever reason, they're just not popular with my group. It's not that they never play one, and in fact there are other classes I see even less, but it's just not as common as you'd expect for one of the "basic four" classes. And the lack of a rogue does impact the sorts of challenges I feel comfortable throwing at them. (Not greatly, just slightly.) I'd just prefer to see them a bit more common.

The rest of you?

Last edited:

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Fighter.

most of the adventures (and settings) that I come up with are based on Medieval, low (or no) magic tropes.

which, of course, makes everyone want to play a spellcaster.

Teflon Billy said:
Fighter.

most of the adventures (and settings) that I come up with are based on Medieval, low (or no) magic tropes.

which, of course, makes everyone want to play a spellcaster.

If you're willing to commute to Austin to run a game ;), I love playing fighters. One of my favorite classes to play.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Mouseferatu said:
If you're willing to commute to Austin to run a game ;), I love playing fighters. One of my favorite classes to play.

If I wind up coming to Austin (and I might should my daughter get a role in a film that's shooting there) I would love to run a game for some folks there.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
I used to wish that players would take the Bard more often.

With 3.5 I wish that they would take the Paladin more often. (There is always a Bard in the party now...:))

The Auld Grump

Last edited:

scourger

Explorer
need more paladins

I think it's the only class I haven't DMed. I am thinking about making an all-Aasimar game next just to encourage paladins.

Wow. I realize we only have a few responses so far, but the paladin and the fighter are in the lead...

Two of my favorite and most frequently played classes. I am, in fact, currently playing a minotaur paladin in a Dawnforge campaign.

Weird...

And Billy, let me know if/when you're going to be down here. I'd be happy to game with you, or at least get together for lunch or something, if nothing else.

Wombat

First Post
The only time I've really had problems with choosing of character classes is when a player chooses a classes because she/he thinks it is the class that is needed, rather than the class the person actually wishes to play.

I'd rather have a lopsided group where everyone plays what they want than to have someone second-guess they storyline and feel "saddled" with a role. ;)

Steel_Wind

Legend
I'm for cleric. I never lack for Paladin players. I run epic good vs evil games and love Paladins in the group. They gets lots of "airtime".

Clerics? Clerics I could use...

Laslo Tremaine

Explorer
I chose other. For the most part. I'm happy for people to play whatever character class floats their boat.

Group of all arcane casters? Fine with me.

Group missing thieves and rogues? Great, I'll make it work.

It basically means that prepackaged adventures need to be modified, but that's not too tough.

The only thing I wish someone would play is a psionic class. I think they're pretty keen. Unfortunately no one in my group seems to be interested...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads