As a Player, What is Your Favorite Archetype?

Necropolitan

Adventurer
I like playing characters driven by ambition and/or ideology. I also prefer high-charisma characters who prefer talking to fighting and mechanically-simple classes so that usually works out to me playing a (Fiend-Patron) Warlock.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I don’t have a true favorite archetype. I’ve played goody two-shoes and true blackhearts; geniuses & simpletons; city-folks & wilderness lovers.

I HAVE shown a marked tendency to play magic-using warriors in FRPGs, but of many different kinds- even in D&D. Some were barely magical, some were barely warriors.

I've had a Brutish Warrior in nearly every game system I've played that allowed for it (including video games). The appeal of aggressively smashing my problems while my enemies break themselves trying to stop me, just speaks to me on a primal level.
The righteous holy warrior, in a world of depravity and sin. I'm here to protect the innocent, and punish the wicked.

Its why I lean towards settings on that grimdark side of the scale, because it provides a target rich environment. :D

Remove ads