Ashin's Commission, RA Style--Michael Alone

ajanders

Explorer
Yes.
He will inform the the soldier of this politely, but firmly, and point out if necessary that if he broke his word to his goddess it would scarcely bode well for his word to the captain.
Then he sets off meditating, interspersing thoughts of duty and devotion and community with gloomy ponderings about whether they'll let him finish praying then hang him, or spear him in the kidneys.
He also takes a few moments to miss Roselynn -- though he reflects it is, after all, for the best she's not here.

Frankly, it's a pretty crappy meditation even if it doesn't get interrupted. But Michael does have pure intent, and that hopefully counts for something.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The soldier raises an eyebrow at this and begins to mutter before shaking his head and sighing and heading off to look for the lieutenant. About twenty minutes later, the lieutenant heads over with the other soldier who had just left. The lieutenant clears his throat, expecting to be addressed, then waits briefly to see if it will be so.*

ajanders

Explorer
The presence of the lieutenant spurs Michael to get himself into proper meditation posture, which is a good thing.
He nods graciously at the lieutenant.
"Yes lieutenant?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"You said you were here to repay for the attack you made against our men, the war crime you and your "friends" committed. Do you think you get to choose when to go? I need to get that report out there, and I need it delivered now--if you don't leave now, you might not return before dark. Now what are you waiting for?" the lieutenant asks as Michael interrupts his meditation to speak with him.

ajanders

Explorer
Michael's face firms and he shutters his eyes.
No good deed goes unpunished? Very well.

He abandons his meditation and stands up.
"I'm ready for your message and your orders, lieutenant."
And no more do you get than we agreed.

OOC: Between the board crashes and some delays, I had thought Michael was completely out of spells -- another reason to be aggressive about meditating. If we can agree he's down one, that's fine.
Michael will also stop radiating good at this point and change to lawful neutral.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I think that since his last rest, he only used a healing spell on one soldier and his Calm Emotions SLA on the party because he didn't fight the guards. He used more spells on the undead, but we've rested since then)

"Good. Then as we agreed, you are to deliver this message to my men, the seal still intact, and return to me with either their reply or with information on their fate if they cannot respond. Once that is done, we will consider your well-meaning disposition towards us to be sincere, and we will take that strongly into account on the matter of the assault and kidnapping."

*The lieutenant produces a sealed rolled-up parchment, but he doesn't hand it to Michael just yet.*

"Now, I wanted you to come to me before because I was going to show you their position on a map, but I heard you wouldn't come for my man...Are you so sure that you can find them on your own?"

ajanders

Explorer
(OOC :Michael wound up dumping a lot of healing on those soldiers: they had at least a cure light each -- and someone got a cure moderate in addition. He also cast a command during the fight, it just got saved against.
He was not, however, able to convert his domain spells, so he does have enlarge person and bull strength.)

"I was", and Michael lays stress on the 'was', "asking the goddess I serve for spells to help find them. This is now no longer possible. Sir."

Michael diplomatically closes his mouth after the 'Sir' for a moment, pushing down several pithy phrases about common sense and officers.

"I will search until I find them. If you wish to give me guidance so I may find them quickly, I and doubtless they will be grateful."
I haven't lost any soldiers recently, sheepwit. I'm regretting keeping the ones I found.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Good, come on then--I'll show you the place on the map where you are to go. Understood?" the lieutenant turns and begins to walk away towards one of the makeshift tents.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*As it is a military base, either the lieutenant or his commanding officer clearly has a more detailed map somewhere for planning strategy, but perhaps they are afraid to show all that they know to Michael, so the lieutenant leads Michael to a small map with no markers on it for troops.*

"You know how to read maps, son?" he asks, unsure if Michael learned such things as a Cleric of Sela.

"We're here," he points on the map, "And the patrol should have been just...there," he points to a different place, this one to the east.

"Find the patrol and deliver the message and return to me, or if you can't, at least find them and learn their fates and return to me. Understood?"

Remove ads