• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ashin's Commission: The Great Escape!

ajanders

Explorer
Michael would actually rather have the bag of holding than the healing wand.
With as much cash as may be floating around, he could possibly contribute some after all.

Patlin

Explorer
Erekose13 said:
Re: Collision, thats true, straight points of damage are multiplied where bonus dice of damage are not. Still +5 for a +2 bonus seems a little weak to me.

Yeah. +1/+6 v. +3/+3 for the same value. With power attack, you can easilly change the +3/+3 to +1/+5 if that seems worthwhile, or take advantage of a 10% increase in chance to hit. I prefer the +3/+3. Collision would be nice if you planned on using Greater Magic Weapon or something, but otherwise I'd agree it's weak.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Re: XP, true enough. I had just remembered that from the discussion of the switch over and thought it important to bring up. I personally could use a little more but thats just me wanting to use my craft universal item feat. I'll blow a DM point or two for that though no worries.

Re: Item Prices, using the 1.5 consistently gives us a basis of comparison, but I can readjust to remove those. I agree that the cloak ended up being too high for my tastes too.

Re: DM based powers. Thats understandable, for those with these items, I'd link RA's post to your item description so that future DMs can read his intent.

Re: Collision, thats true, straight points of damage are multiplied where bonus dice of damage are not. Still +5 for a +2 bonus seems a little weak to me.
For the cloak, your biggest mistake was not catching (as Xael did) that the +3 to Cha skills came from Circlet of Persuasion and not the general formulas. Still, other than that and the fact that I didn't use quite the same formulas, you are very close to what I got for most of them. Keep in mind that 30k is above the Orussus purchase limit, which means they can't sell it, so they won't buy it. If you want to sell a magic item of that value, you'll need to go somewhere else. You could try Medibaria/The Academy, though you must beware the fact that the Academy has declared all Medibarian cultural artifacts (including old magic items of Medibarian make) to be property of Medibaria and that they should all be donated to the Academy or else it is stealing. This doesn't apply to any of the psionic stuff which is mostly Nesfylim items and none is Medibarian.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Patlin said:
Yeah. +1/+6 v. +3/+3 for the same value. With power attack, you can easilly change the +3/+3 to +1/+5 if that seems worthwhile, or take advantage of a 10% increase in chance to hit. I prefer the +3/+3. Collision would be nice if you planned on using Greater Magic Weapon or something, but otherwise I'd agree it's weak.
I always make items assuming that somebody is going to cast GMW on it because eventually, someone will ;)

Patlin

Explorer
So it can't be sold here, but the local merchants seem to think it's worth about 30,075 gp?

I'd prefer cash for my share, but if we can't get rid of the sword, I guess I'm stuck with it. Unless Rinaldo's got a lot more mad money than I think he does....

Also, I think we need to strike the Psionic Restoration and the Psionic Teleport from the Power Stones. We used them, didn't we?

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: The local merchants can't really price the nonstandard items, since appraise doesn't cover magic items. But the ones who know magic can tell that the sword is clearly worth enough that they'll give you 7.5k (the maximum they will pay for any item in a Small City) right away)

Patlin

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: The local merchants can't really price the nonstandard items, since appraise doesn't cover magic items. But the ones who know magic can tell that the sword is clearly worth enough that they'll give you 7.5k (the maximum they will pay for any item in a Small City) right away)

Not that it helps, but...

Wiki said:
The gp limit in Orussus is 20,000 gp. Trade is fueled by the presence of the Red Dragon Inn.

Patlin

Explorer
Would the chances of selling the sword be any better if the falchion I mentioned was part of the deal? That cuts down the cash changing hands, at least.

Remove ads