• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Ask me Monster Manual questions!

Remathilis

Legend
About the Lich, there are rules for players turn Lich and/or Demilich ?
Thanks !

I don't have the book, but I can tell you the rules for this will probably be close to the Vampire rules: NPC unless the DM wants to create something.

UNLESS you mean "Turns" as in "Cleric Turning", and then I can say the Lich has turn resistance.

Oh man. Would you mind posting the CRs of the other devils? If not, what are the CRs of the other devils in the book?

http://mouseferatu.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Aris-5e-Monster-Sorter.xlsx

Thank the mouse for that.

Joe Lastowski

First Post
I've heard others with the MM say that they fixed the alphabetization, so that "Adult Red Dragon" is now under "D", for Dragon, instead of "A", like it is in the DM Basic Rules. So that's good.

But my real question is not a hopeful one, seeing as how they did not include lists by CR. Are there by chance any lists of druid wildshape-able forms/creatures? There are SO MANY critters with the Beast type, including Swarms & Dinosaurs, and it'd be nice if they clarified it a little as to what was fair game. I realize the druid has to have seen the animal to become it, and only the Moon Path can turn into the really high CR critters... but druids are like my bread & butter, so I'm really hopeful that they'll get some more support for the (in my mind) essential class feature of wildshaping.

Remathilis

Legend
I've heard others with the MM say that they fixed the alphabetization, so that "Adult Red Dragon" is now under "D", for Dragon, instead of "A", like it is in the DM Basic Rules. So that's good.

But my real question is not a hopeful one, seeing as how they did not include lists by CR. Are there by chance any lists of druid wildshape-able forms/creatures? There are SO MANY critters with the Beast type, including Swarms & Dinosaurs, and it'd be nice if they clarified it a little as to what was fair game. I realize the druid has to have seen the animal to become it, and only the Moon Path can turn into the really high CR critters... but druids are like my bread & butter, so I'm really hopeful that they'll get some more support for the (in my mind) essential class feature of wildshaping.

Check out the link I posted above your post. That should help.

Using the monster sorter as a starting point, it should just be a matter of a few minutes for me to whip up a druid cheat sheet listing only beasts (and the four basic elementals), and to replace legendary/lair with yes-no swim/fly speed columns.

I'll try to have that up in the next day or two, my writing schedule permitting. :)

Syntallah

First Post
The only release date I have seen for the MM is Sep 30. Is there a seperate date for the WPN stores, like the PHB had? Or is this one single date only?

Remove ads