Not open for further replies.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
See? I can be off-topic even in this forum! :p

-- N

PS: Where's the "Ask hong" thread?

Darrin Drader

Explorer
If you drop an emperor penguine and a standard penguine off a 50 ft. high icy cliff at precisely the same time, which one will go splat the rocks below first?

Silver Moon

Adventurer
If a train leaves New York City heading to Boston at 60 MPH and another train leaves Boston heading to New York City at 100 MPH and they are both on the same track is this an indication that Arnold has decided to make another action movie after all?

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Baraendur said:
If you drop an emperor penguine and a standard penguine off a 50 ft. high icy cliff at precisely the same time, which one will go splat the rocks below first?

Neither. Both penguins are adept gliders, and will easily make it to the water below, where they will enjoy a dinner of live herring (with fava beans and a nice chianti).

Eosin the Red said:
Sometimes I have these feelings when I look at those kind of web sites. Is this normal?

It's perfectly normal. To resolve these feelings, you should buy more dice.

Silver Moon said:

Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Willis?

-- N

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Thank you for your quick response. Next question: When amortizing convertible debentures over the life of a thirty-year asset, if straight line depreciation had been used for the first eleven years, and then converted to the double-acceleration method allowed in the 1997 tax code, would the residual assets for the year 2003 be substantial enough to justify changing to a congruous working capital equity-based portfolio?

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Silver Moon said:
Thank you for your quick response. Next question: When amortizing convertible debentures over the life of a thirty-year asset, if straight line depreciation had been used for the first eleven years, and then converted to the double-acceleration method allowed in the 1997 tax code, would the residual assets for the year 2003 be substantial enough to justify changing to a congruous working capital equity-based portfolio?

You're from NH, son. That's a CT question.

-- N

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Nifft said:
You're from NH, son. That's a CT question. -- N
Sorry, I got my MBA from a business school in MA*. I'll just apply your "Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Willis?" answer to that question as well and move on.

*(The same one that PirateCat graduated from)

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Silver Moon said:
I'll just apply your "Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Willis?" answer to that question as well and move on.

Sadly, the Willis::Bout::Talkin::What() method requires an explicit cast operator, and you have failed to provide a compatible CT::Willis interface.

Feel free to move on, though.

-- N

Apocalyptic Kitty

First Post
According to wel known experts, oil production in wells follows a bell curve. At first, when oil is first discovered in a location there is virtuall no production until the proper drills are put into place and they begin pumping. After that oil production rises considerably. At some point production peaks, at which time all the oil that is easily retrieved from that location is gone and it them becomes much more difficult to get the remaining oil out of the ground.

This same well known expert predicted that US oil would peak in 1970. Indeed it did, and since then the US has produced a minimal amount of oil by comparison. He also predicted that global oil production would peak somewhere between 2004 and 2009. In addition to this he has stated that after this point alternate energy sources would not have progressed to the point where they would be able to replace oil and there would be a world wide energy shortage.

Statistically, oil production hit its peak in 2001, and every year since then has yielded less oil than the year before.

All of this is completely true (feel free to do the research and provide the name of the expert if you wish). The question is: does this mean that a global energy crisis will herald the onset of the apocalypse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads