Assassin for Hire.

V

Velg'alil

*A slender and very beautiful drow walks up to the boards and posts a note.*
Assassin for hire. Price depends on the job. I am only hireable for killing, no capturing or anything else. If interested please post a note under this one and we'll talk.

Heads up to the boards looking over it curiously for a moment. He spots the notice he is after, and posts a small note up.

"Velg'alil, your services are required for another job, unrelated to the one that I currently have you working on. Meet me in the tavern if you are interested, but its probably a little different to what you're normally used to.

Tyrian"

K

Kheldar Devaentar

This is all in character, and in no way do I mean any disrespect out of character.

portlongkheldar.gif

A lean character cloaked in black walks up to the tavern message board and smirks to himself.

Yes it was an awfully rude gesture, but the amateur work being done before him was almost unbearable! No assassin in her right mind conducted business like this! But as bad as she was, her potential employer was much worse!

In his response to her note he had addressed the assassin by what appeared to be the name she commonly went by. At least, it didn't look like an alias.

Next he had announced the place where they were meeting, which, given the obvious nature of their meeting, was not at all a wise thing to do.

Lastly, he had signed his name on the bottom of his note! If there was any way to pin point exactly who these law breakers were, they had made it easily available for everyone to find! Did they realize paladins, bounty hunters and bands of heroes in search of work also read the tavern corkboard?

The whole thing must have been a joke! Or else the work of amateurs trying to break into the business. Kheldar hoped this wasn't the handy-work of one of his past students and started scratching something with an inkpen under his cloak.

After a moment the rogue reached up to tear a tag off a post advertising the sale of short swords, or "Halfling longswords" as the advertisement much preferred to call them. When he left the board there was a new note under Tyrian's.

assassinhelp.jpg

*The undercommon part written with the Elven alphabet reads: iz' al iz' dosst alust.

Artwork copyright © 2004, Gordon R. Quigley

V

Velg'alil

*Walks up and reads Tyrian's note, doesn't even acknowledge the not below his. I will try to meet you as soon as possible, wherever it may be.

K

Kheldar Devaentar

Those Evil Drow!

Kheldar pauses from his drink while he watches Velg'alil check up on her job offering. After a moment she responds back, and posts a short note up on the wall.

A while latter, after Kheldar had enjoyed the last of his order, he checked the wall and frowned. The Drow assassin hadn't mentioned anything regarding his advice.

Well, Drow weren't nice people. His time in Menzoberrazan had definitely taught him that! Of course, that time had also built up his hatred for the entire race!

. . . I will try to meet you as soon as possible, wherever it may be. . ?

Kheldar blinked.

How did she miss it?

From underneath his cloak Kheldar produces a vial of red ink and his inkpen. He scratches something on Tyrian's post, then puts everything away.

"There, that ought to help. . . well, if there's any helping her."

assassinhelp2.jpg

Artwork copyright © 2004, Gordon R. Quigley

D

Dusk Huntress

A figure watches from nearby. Waiting until the man in black is distracted, perhaps by the drow, she takes a closer glance at the note. The corner of her lips twitch in amusement but she moves away to the bar before allowing herself to chuckle softly.

R

rouge

a black cloak moves to the board and post a message:

"i am in need of help. please contact me by messanger for details(pm)"

Remove ads