• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Assault on Raven's Ruin IC

dog45

First Post
As Kyla provides overwatch the rest of the party slowly comb through the broken field of stone. Polmor finds a half eaten apple laying next to a shortbow and full quiver. Picking his way through the rocks, Grimgour stumbles and trips over a root and lands face first. Brushing the dirt from his face, he sees he is laying at the top of a staircase going down into the darkness.

[sblock=Grimgour]With your Darkvision you can see the stairs go down about 30 feet and end in a small room.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kularian

First Post
Zofren nods at Polmor, and dismounts as well. Keeping her wits about her, she looks for the rock that she had seen the creature standing on when it had disappeared. Suddenly, a noise from behind her causes the aasimar to turn, blade drawn. Tense for a second, she then sheathes her blade and lets out a small laugh. "Are you alright, Grim?" she asks, walking over to him.

Difflam

First Post
Polmor walks over to the starcase after throwing away the cheap shortbow in disgust. He chuckles to himself out loud while watching Grimgour pick himself up off the ground after his fall.

"Well I think we can safely say that our little friend went down there." he sais to his comrades. "Probably some kind of scout who happened to be resting in this area when we arrived. Odds are he is probably alone, but you never know, it may be a scouting party and the rest of them are down there and he was meant to stay up here and watch for anyone approaching. So either he is down there terrified and hiding, or he is reporting our presense to the rest of them. Either way its only Goblins. I say we head on down and try and get our hands on at least one of them to give us a bit more information about what exactly the stinking rascals are up to."

If everyone agrees, Polmore draws his weapon and starts walking carefully down the stairs...

Last edited:

D.Shaffer

First Post
Grimgour spat out a bit of dirt. "Damn it! I got twigs in my beard. Now it's all mussed up! The dirt's ruining the finish I put on it too. Yeah, Zofren, I'm fine. You dont have a comb on you do you?" He continued picking out various bits of dirt and debris from his beard.

"Ok, I was just wanting to kill them for racial pride at first, but now it just turned personal." So saying, he got to his feet and readied his crossbow. "Eh, why worry about marching order? It's just Goblins. We'll be in and out like nobody's business. Let's get to it! Best foot forward!" He charged ahead, following close behind Polmor.

"Personally I'd be worried about Booby Traps if I were you. . ."Marika mutters to herself, following Polmor and Grimgour, though keeping back around ten feet so as not to get caught in whatever she expects them to set off.

Kularian

First Post
The Aasimar chuckled once more at Grimgour, before nodding in response to his question. "Of course I do, Grim. Why wouldn't I? Just let me know when you need it." Zofren paused for a moment as the two dwarves ran down the stairwell. She was about to follow, when she heard Marika's mutterings. "That's a very good point," she concluded with a nod, keeping slightly behind Marika as she also went down into the abyss.

dog45

First Post
With Polmor and Grimgour in the lead, the party descends down the stairs. At the bottom is a small room. A bench sits next to the side, and several coat hooks grace the far wall. A set of stairs leads farther down, and there is a door on the other side of the room. A sign hangs on the door, but cannot be read in the dark. On one wall there is a sconce that would hold a torch, but there is a wooden bowl on it instead and weak light seems to be coming from underneath it.

The room is in poor condition, and has obviously not been taken care of for some time. Those with darkvision can see mud tracks going down the other set of stairs.

Last edited:

Difflam

First Post
"Well our friend obviously went down there" points Polmor down the stairs, stating the obvious "But lets have a quick look around first" he adds, while moving over to read the sign, and carefully inspecting the coat hooks and the wooden bowl which is covering the sconce.

"Well it's too late to hurry now. If the goblins have any traps they'll already have them set at this point. We'd pretty proceed cautiously."
Marika heads to look down the hallway where the muddy footprints lead.

dog45

First Post
As Marika heads down the stairs into the hallway, Polmor pokes around the bowl on the sconce. Looking from underneath, it appears as though there is a flame in the sconce that the bowl is covering up, yet the bowl is not burned by the fire. The coathooks appear to not have been used in a while.

The stairs lead down from the entryway to a short hallway. The hallway turns right and narrows ahead. Also to the right, you see a ledge about 10 feet above the ground.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads