• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Assault on Raven's Ruin IC

Kularian

First Post
The Aasimar regarded the mob with nothing more than a raised eyebrow. The word goblins had been spoken, meaning that it definitely went with the sign they had just seen. She had caught a few other small tokens of conversation, but dismissed them as they appeared to be nothing more than ramblings. As she was about to turn and suggest to Polmor that they simply leave their allies to their own musings, a single man stood and tried to quiet the crowd. So, it seemed that it was a bit more than just a bunch of farmers getting together to complain. Her interest piqued, she waited, watching the events going on inside.

D.Shaffer

First Post
Standing up on tippie toe, Grimgour looked through the windows. As he listened to the talk he says to the others, "Goblins that need killing, in hopefully extremely brutal and messy ways? Do you think they're hiring?"

Grimgour smiles widely at the thought and starts to heads toward the door.

"Making goblin heads explode and earning an honest wage out of it, how can life get any better?"

Kularian

First Post
Zofren let a small smile play across her lips. "I'd rather not have the goblins' heads explode, Grim dear. Unless you're willing to stand in front and get covered in the blood for me." She gave a light laugh to show she wasn't serious. She'd been covered in blood from head to toe during the war, and a little goblin blood wasn't going to bother her now. "But a small diversion wouldn't be so bad, especially if there was some sort of monetary compensation." Regardless of payment, she knew she'd assist the villagers if asked. But a little money never hurt.

Difflam

First Post
"Pah, get rich. While I'd love to think that these simple villiagers actually have some secret stash of money they could pay us with, I think the reality is probably they can only manage a few gold coins and some stale bread between the lot of them!" muttered Polmor. "But hey, I would kill Goblins for free anyway. Just don't tell these villiage peasants that. Oh and don't worry Zofren, I'll protect you from the nasty evil Goblin blood! I'll even get your mommy to give you a bath and tuck you in for the night afterwards if you like." he mocked, and tried to grin to show he was kidding, but the scar across his lips made it look more like a snarl.

With that, he approached the door to the building, threw it open dramatically with a crash, and stood there dramatically, looking like the powerful warrior he was, and waited to see if the villiagers attention would shift to him. He waited for everyone to become silent.

dog45

First Post
As Grimgour reaches for the door handle, Polmor pushes past him and shoves the doors open. Standing in the doorway, his shadow is cast on the rest of the party as they stand in the street. Gasps of fright come from those near the door and one old man falls out of his chair, landing at Polmors feet.

As he scrambles away back towards his seat, the man who was speaking rushes towards the doorway, drawing a sword from his scabbard as he runs. Skidding to a stop besides the old man, now nursing a knee, his face is stern and the dwarf is not what he expected to see. A look of surprise replaces his consternation, and he lowers the sword.

"Who are you, and what are you doing here?" The man asks as he peers out into the darkness, trying to make out the shadowy forms standing behind the dwarf.

The rest of the people in the large common room crowd around behind the man, each trying to look over the head of the person in front of them.

[sblock=spot check for X]
As your eyes adjust to the sudden brightness, you notice that there are few men in the crowd. Those that you see are either very old or very young. There doesn't appear to be a man from 15-50 in the whole crowd, except for the man who was speaking to them. He appears to be in his mid-20's.
[/sblock]

Difflam

First Post
"Fear not cowardly villiagers!" cries out Polmor. "Your problems with the evil Goblins will soon be over. Lucky for you all we are a party of powerful adventurers who SPECIALIZE in killing Goblins and the like. Of course our services will not come cheap! And even though you are all probably very poor, I'm sure that if you all dig into your family savings, maybe sell a few of your properties and family heirlooms, you might be able to afford us! Now take us to your tavern where we can discuss the details..."

Kularian

First Post
Zofren grinned at the banter between her and Polmor. To anyone outside, it would look like malicious teasing, but having been forced to talk to the dwarf in the past, she had quickly learned that he took teasing to a whole new level.

However, she nearly mimicked Marika's actions perfectly in regards to Polmor's greeting to the villagers. The only difference was a sigh instead of a moan, and one hand instead of two.

Aurora

First Post
Kyla turns her head and stifles a laugh. Polmor in true form, she thinks to herself as she shakes her head, feigning disbelief.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads