• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

At last! Yugoloths!

The Traveler

First Post
*hugs his Monster Manual II*

It was weird enough seeing the choice of Yugoloths they gave you in the Manual of the Planes, after they'd been passed up in the Monster Manual.

How sad is it that it's taken this long for Arcanaloths and Yagnoloths to get an official conversion?

Kamard

First Post
I love the Arcanaloth. He is my friend. Long ago, Kamard was an Arcanaloth. Some of y'all who played YB! might remember him.

In any case, as I, Bob Dunham, identify with Anubis, the idea of a jackal headed demon is too cool to pass up.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
I never had to worry about "Loths" I got plenty so far with CC2, and now with Tome of Horrors coming out, I'll get MORE! :D

The Traveler

First Post
Nightfall said:
I never had to worry about "Loths" I got plenty so far with CC2, and now with Tome of Horrors coming out, I'll get MORE! :D
Eh, Nightfall, I know you like Scarred Lands and all, but if you don't have an Arcanaloth, you might as well go home.

Granted, the Tome of Horrors' Arcanadaemon will solve that, but there were a few differences between Arcanaloths and Arcanadaemons that sprouted up between First and Second editions.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Okay I'll grant you, the power levels on the Loths aren't the same as Daemons, but I guess I didn't miss them since I also have Blade Demons to run with. In any case I WILL agree, my favorite Infernal Lord, Anthraxus, IS in Tome, much to my delight. :)

Grazzt

Demon Lord
The Traveler said:

Granted, the Tome of Horrors' Arcanadaemon will solve that, but there were a few differences between Arcanaloths and Arcanadaemons that sprouted up between First and Second editions.

There is no arcanadaemon in the Tome of Horrors. We left that one to WotC. The daemons/yugoloths in the Tome are:

Daemon, Caco-
Daemon, Charon
Daemon, Charonadaemon
Daemon, Dergho-
Daemon, Hydro-
Daemon, Pisco-
Daemon, Oinodaemon (Anthraxus)

The Traveler

First Post
Grazzt said:

There is no arcanadaemon in the Tome of Horrors. We left that one to WotC. The daemons/yugoloths in the Tome are:

Daemon, Caco-
Daemon, Charon
Daemon, Charonadaemon
Daemon, Dergho-
Daemon, Hydro-
Daemon, Pisco-
Daemon, Oinodaemon (Anthraxus)
My mistake. I remember looking them up on your old site when I was designing an adventure for Piratecat, and assumed they'd made it in. I guess I should have remembered that nothing in MMII is in the Tome of Horrors. My bad.

Remove ads