• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

At Least 4 Months For Conversion Documents

Those waiting for official conversion documents from earlier editions of D&D to 5th edition are going to have to wait a bit longer. WotC's Mike Mearls says that "the person who needs to do the final approvals on them is serving on a jury that will take another 4 or so months. Sorry!" So it looks like we're talking July/August at the earliest. Thanks to Adrian for the scoop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those waiting for official conversion documents from earlier editions of D&D to 5th edition are going to have to wait a bit longer. WotC's Mike Mearls says that "the person who needs to do the final approvals on them is serving on a jury that will take another 4 or so months. Sorry!" So it looks like we're talking July/August at the earliest. Thanks to Adrian for the scoop.

Shasarak

Banned
Banned
It might be rather "old school" of me, but what happened to having a release schedule and sticking to it. Being held accountable by your superiors if you don't make the release.

I know that TSR used to produce a yearly release schedule for their products. And they had a lot of products!

JeffB

Legend
I know that TSR used to produce a yearly release schedule for their products. And they had a lot of products!

And Dragon magazine had it in every issue about upcoming products.

:ramble:

But different times and different business model. Tabletop D&D is no longer where the money is with the property. And it is showing in how tabletop D&D is being handled. Skeleton crew who have issues getting things out that 5 years ago were produced with ease every month or even week, very few products that also farmed out to 3rd parties, very little frequency of communication with fans and what there is weird..Twitter..and a DM roundtable which used to be served by a website article. Around the time Jon $chindiwhatsit got canned, things started getting weird. The branding iron thrown around alot, and then James Wyatt taking off to novels or whatever , Mearls' got quieter, and I felt there was some kind of shift in how WOTC was interacting with us, period. I personally feel there was some kind of wrench thrown into business plans. Only cos I have had those kind of experiences before working for big money companies. That's my gut.

My personal feeling is that this is the last hurrah for D&D tabletop...at least under HABRO/WOTC. In the grand scheme of things tabletop D&D Is peanuts and a dinosaur.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Personally, I think the upshot of this is there will always be a segment of the fandom that will protest no matter what WOTC does. "This twenty dollar bill is folded entirely wrong!"

And there are those who will always praise WotC, no matter it does. It could sell poop in boxes and it would be the best product ever.

Shasarak

Banned
Banned
Personally, I think the upshot of this is there will always be a segment of the fandom that will protest no matter what WOTC does. "This twenty dollar bill is folded entirely wrong!"

Ha, I was charged $50 for that $20 bill. The least they could do is fold it properly!

Hussar

Legend
And there are those who will always praise WotC, no matter it does. It could sell poop in boxes and it would be the best product ever.

Really?

Who is praising WOTC here? How many people have come up and said, "Good for WOTC for not talking to us"?

The only thing that is being said, is that we're not terribly bothered by the lack of communication. It would be nice to get more, but, it doesn't faze me in the slightest. I barely paid attention when they DID talk. I simply don't care.

But, what you don't see is the "praisers" jumping into multiple threads to jump up and down and complain about how WOTC is handling things. We leave that to you, Goldomark. You keep right on preaching it brother.

bmfrosty

Explorer
I'm certainly not praising them for not communicating, but I understand why they wouldn't. I'm also more than a little perturbed by the level of vitriol that's been displayed on this board. It's a wonder that they're any more communicative than a brick wall given the typical response they seem to get.

Shasarak

Banned
Banned
I'm certainly not praising them for not communicating, but I understand why they wouldn't. I'm also more than a little perturbed by the level of vitriol that's been displayed on this board. It's a wonder that they're any more communicative than a brick wall given the typical response they seem to get.

Level of vitriol? You are kidding, right?

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Yes.

Who is praising WOTC here? How many people have come up and said, "Good for WOTC for not talking to us"?
More than a few. There are more than a few who praise the current release schedule too. But that is besides the point.

Saying people are just complainers or sycophants is just a personal attack and is not a valid argument to defend any position.

The only thing that is being said, is that we're not terribly bothered by the lack of communication. It would be nice to get more, but, it doesn't faze me in the slightest. I barely paid attention when they DID talk. I simply don't care.
You'd be surprise to find out there are other people in the world besides yourself. But I wasn't talking about you specifically. Were you attacking me without naming me?

But, what you don't see is the "praisers" jumping into multiple threads to jump up and down and complain about how WOTC is handling things.
Indeed. They jump in a thread to defend WotC. The nuance is important. But who cares? Those are just personal attacks. Attack the arguments, not the people.

We leave that to you, Goldomark. You keep right on preaching it brother.
How does it go in English? A prophet is not without honor, except in his own country? Nerdlandia, when will you truly hear and understand my prophecies? You call me mad, but you'll see! You will all see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

Remove ads