• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

At Least 4 Months For Conversion Documents

Those waiting for official conversion documents from earlier editions of D&D to 5th edition are going to have to wait a bit longer. WotC's Mike Mearls says that "the person who needs to do the final approvals on them is serving on a jury that will take another 4 or so months. Sorry!" So it looks like we're talking July/August at the earliest. Thanks to Adrian for the scoop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those waiting for official conversion documents from earlier editions of D&D to 5th edition are going to have to wait a bit longer. WotC's Mike Mearls says that "the person who needs to do the final approvals on them is serving on a jury that will take another 4 or so months. Sorry!" So it looks like we're talking July/August at the earliest. Thanks to Adrian for the scoop.

Fergurg

Explorer
My theory on this is that the conversion guide isn't done; but what point would there be in working on it, knowing that it couldn't be approved until the guy gets back from jury duty? Might as well work on things that have a chance of getting out the door before then.

DaveDash

Explorer
You guys are living in serious fantasy land if you believe that jury duty is the real reason this hasn't been released.

Sure, I would believe it's been delayed because of that, but if WoTC truly only have one individual who can approve certain aspects then they are an extremely unprofessional and dysfunctional organisation. And theyre not. So...

Like I said, it's on the back burner. Id be more comfortable if they just come out and said that. Reminds me of an old boss of mine who used to say "I'm sure I sent you that email with that proposal, it must be stuck in my drafts".

Carlsen Chris

Explorer
Belisarius76;6562604You take it how you wish mate said:
We probably will "mate." As for the free speech under attack bit--my understanding of free speech includes everyone. An individual is free to engage in any kind of speech they like, and others are equally free to rip them a new one if they don't like what they say.

Heck, free speech even allows you to whinge and whine if you want to.

neobolts

Explorer
This stuff baffles me. I won't even pretend to know how smaller divisions within a huge publically traded company operate, but my gut feeling is that no one would be so essential that their absence would entirely halt specific projects until they return.

Side note: My favorite quote from the Hasbro Wikipedia page...
"With an attack of termites on the line's salad bowls, the line collapsed."

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
This stuff baffles me. I won't even pretend to know how smaller divisions within a huge publically traded company operate, but my gut feeling is that no one would be so essential that their absence would entirely halt specific projects until they return.

Well, since the D&D team is now so small, and since this is a free product, I can see how it would stay with one person as opposed to being reassigned (which they likely *would* reassign if the product was going to directly generate revenue).

Mercurius

Legend
This company baffles me. They continue to find ways to bungle things, no matter what the context. They have a home run in 5E yet they continue to find ways to fumble the ball.

WotC = Seattle Seahawks in the Super Bowl. Hmm...is it a Washington state thing?

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
We probably will "mate."

"Commas" are your friends, my friend. :p

There seem to be a number of questions raised by all of this:

Was the bulk of the conversion guide, that is awaiting approval for four months, developed during the playtest period?

Have playtesters been in on the process of creating the conversion guide at all?

If they have been in on the process, why haven't we heard about playtesters being in on this process?

Why haven't we seen polls and surveys on details of this process?

Any answers to these or related questions that come to mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

Remove ads