• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Atlantis returns (Arcanum from the 80's)

morrigan

First Post
Do you remember the Atlantean Trilogy from the 80's (The Arcanum, The Lexicon and The Bestiary)? Well, Morrigan Press Inc. has recently acquired all rights to this classic game and is bringing it back in a revised and expanded format this summer. Assisting in the remaking of this incredibly detailed world are John Snead (Blue Rose) and Aaron Dembski-Bowden (High Medieval , White Wolf, etc.)

Atlantis: The Second Age is a complete and comprehensive setting that can easily be adapted to most popular fantasy roleplaying games. Designed as a stand alone game using the Omni System, coversion guidelines will also be provided for both the d20 and True20 game systems. Within, players and gamemasters will find all that they need to run a campaign in the legendary Second Age of Atlantis, including an atlas of Antidiluvian Earth, regional maps, city maps and guides and a compendium of creatures, races, animals and various pantheons of Gods and Goddesses. Based on the classic Atlantean Trilogy by Bard Games, Atlantis: The Second Age expands greatly on this already detailed world including highly detailed rules on alchemy, windships, ley lines and other magic-tech.

Set in the mythic past of our own world, players can take on the roles of Atlantean Alchemists, Khem Priests (proto-ancient Egypt), Khitaen Astrologer s(proto-China), Hesperian Amazon warriors, winged Zephyr scouts, Goblin assassins and a near limitless variety of other character types. The Omni System was originally derived from the critically acclaimed Talislanta 4th Edition system but ads new and flexible rules including a highly customizable character generation system. If you are looking for a rules-lite, sword & sorcery system with about as detailed a setting as you can imagine, then Atlantis: The Second Age is for you.

Atlantis: The Second Age will be released at Gencon Indianapolis this August. (Booth 1527)

A PDF preview of Atlantis:The Second Age will be available for download from the Morrigan Press website later in June.

Atlantislogo2.jpg

Cheers,
Scott Agnew
www.morriganrpg.com

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Very cool. I've been working on how to handle the different power levels of classes in my own d20 campaigns because I loved the two different power scales in Arcanum. Effectively, crafting slightly lower-powered gestalt classes with different XP progression tables.

I'm excited to see how it is handled in the new version.

Voadam

Legend
morrigan said:
Designed as a stand alone game using the Omni System, coversion guidelines will also be provided for both the d20 and True20 game systems.

How extensive will the d20 conversions be? Dual stat or rough guidelines? Will races and monsters have full d20 stats (including LAs)? Will the new magic have a full d20 rules or suggestions on substitutes?

Rasyr

Banned
Banned
Voadam said:
How extensive will the d20 conversions be? Dual stat or rough guidelines? Will races and monsters have full d20 stats (including LAs)? Will the new magic have a full d20 rules or suggestions on substitutes?
Egads, I hope that they do not dual stat it. In fact, it might be better if they put the conversion guidelines as a free pdf, and keep them out of the book altogether, but that is just my opinion. I love the old Arcanum stuff, and would love to have a book with just it in it, than something that contains less overall becuase of dual-statting.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Well, speaking as someone who actually likes d20, I hope the more d20 stats the better. Personally, I have zero interest in yet another rules system

Geoffrey

First Post
morrigan said:
Designed as a stand alone game using the Omni System

Hooray! I was so hoping that this would be a stand-alone game using the same system as the latest edition of Talislanta. I will be buying both this and Talislanta: Codex Magicus.

Rasyr

Banned
Banned
trancejeremy said:
Well, speaking as someone who actually likes d20, I hope the more d20 stats the better. Personally, I have zero interest in yet another rules system

First off, I personally have nothing against d20, it is a fine system, I just don't think that it is perfect for everything :p

I am also one of those who is strongly against dual-statting rule books. I did make the suggestion that the conversion notes (or stats or whatever) be done as a separate pdf download, as opposed to taking up space in what is otherwise bound to be an excellent game. Space that can be used to better effect by including more flavor material or more monsters, etc..

Razuur

First Post
I am glad of the dual statting so that multiple people can enjoy the setting.

So as for as Atlantis, will it be using the same magic system that Tal4 has? If so, the transition to d20 should be really easy if TalD20 is in your posession.

I can't wait to see the preview!

Razuur

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads