• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Atlantis: the Second Age--Wrath of the Iron Spyder

adaen

First Post
iron-spyder said:
Adaen:
Good points. I would prefer that the players pick any character that they like and we go from there...

Fair enough. I may put together a couple characters that I find interesting and see how they fit with the group as it materializes. So far I see a Black Magic Eastern Sorcerer (with a pretty interesting background, I must add...I'm looking forward to seeing him in play) and a Druas Wanderer/Martial Artist (who still needs the die-roll updates). An interesting group so far. I think a native Europan or Atlantean might be in order...Let's see what I come up with.

~Adaen of Bridgewater, www.highadventuregames.com

SilverElf4

First Post
If we are going to do two eastern sorcerers, I can modify my character to be of Khitani origen as well and create an interesting scenario revolving around all our characters being fish out of water in the strange Europan environment...

adaen

First Post
Aerethus the Tartessian Enforcer-thingie Rough Draft

I would appreciate any thoughts on this as I'm not sure if some of my skill selections (particularly combat ones) are redundant/stacking/unneeded. I'm still tweaking things and will write up the backstory that's been rattling around in my head as I constructed this.

Aerethus the Tartessian (Tartessian-Atlantean mix), Tharsi Enforcer/Thug/Guardsman

INT -2
PER -3
WIL -4
CHA +5

STR +5
CON +2
DEX +5
SPD -2

CR +5
MR -3
REN +0
HP 20+2 = 22

SR + Att (costs on right)
1 + 5 = 6 Brawling 4
1 + 5 = 6 Climb 2
1 +5 = 6 Command 2
1 + 5 = 6 Diplomacy 2
1+5 = 6 Disable Mechanism 2
1+5 =6 Evade 2
5+ 5 = 10 Intimidate 2+4
1+5 = 6 Investigate 2
1 + 5 = 6 Parry 2
1 +5 = 6 Stealth 2
4 + 5 = 9 Weapon 4+6
34 points

Agile & Quick: Amazing Dodge (5), Extraordinary Dodge (3), Defensive Fighting (3), Defensive Roll (3)
14 points
Combat Training

Last edited:

SilverElf4

First Post
Two things:

One, I'm working on a male Mountain Elf with a fairly hybrid skill/talent set.

Two, As I was doing that, its worth reminding everyone that if you are using the optional point buys, there is one *significant* change from the normal rules.

In the optional point buy stuff, Speed is included as one of the random/buyable stats, however, this is not the case in normal Atlantis.

What say you, GM? Buyable or secondary? Also GM, can I emailed you regarding my character...I have a question or two.

Last edited:

iron-spyder

First Post
Everything is looking good so far, I will need to go over the math and check for redundancies in our thug. Also will need to know whether people are going the points buy or the by the book character creation route.

SilverElf4, please feel free to email me about your character, my email address is in a post on the Yahoogroup for the Atlantis game.

mhd

Adventurer
I used point-buy, but just for the attributes, I ignored the rest of document and proceeded as written in the rules...

SilverElf4

First Post
Okay, ignore the email, I changed my mind and worked it out another way.

Concept: Male High Elf Warrior Mage

Name: Amras Elensar

Background: Amras has the look and bearing of someone militarily trained, which makes his traveling alone seem odd. When questioned, he freely admits he is from Ys, which would seem to rule out that he's on the run, or under cover. Like most High Elves, his general attitude seems to be that of someone who would rather not be disturbed, but for those who make it past the steely exterior to engage him in conversation find a ready smile and quick eyes.

INT +3 (56 CP)
PER +0
WIL +1
CHA +0

STR +2
DEX +2
CON +0

SPD +0
CR +3
MR +2
HP 25 (3)
REN 0

Talents: (19)
High Elf
+2 Balance, Diplomacy roll bonus
Night Vision
Arcane Training
High Sorcery Order (+3 Manipulate)
Magical Aptitude (Manipulate)
Combat Training
Quick Draw
Weapon Focus (Small Blades)
Natural Tactician

Skills: (32)
Balance bonus +2
Def. Martial Arts +3
Diplomacy bonus +2
Enchant +2 int +5
Literacy +6 int +9
Lore (Ys) +6 int +9
(Europe) +2 +5
(Arcane Arts) +2 +5
(Tactics) +3 +6
Mode (Manipulate) +3 bonus +6
(Manifest) +2 +2
Speak (Sidhe) +10
(Atlantean) +4
Weapon (S. Blades) +5
Weapon (Thrown) +2

Spells:
Mage Gear (Manifest, pack of general supplies (food, water, rope, whetstone, etc) in a pack, -3 modifier, 15 minute duration)
Summon Armor (Manifest, creates armor, +0 modifier)
Bandolier of Blades (Manifest, creates bandolier of throwing daggers, +0 modifier)
Empowered Weapon (Manipulate, +DR to a weapon, +0 modifier)
Hidden Warrior (Manipulate, skill bonus to stealth, -4 modifier, 5 minute duration)
Vril Healing (Manipuate, restores HP, +0 modifier)
Glamour of Ys (Manipulate, changes appearance, including clothing, to that of a commonplace human peasent, -10 modifier, significat manipulation)
Sticky Vril (Manipulate, penalty to SPD, -6 modifier, line of sight, up to 2 subjects)

Equipment: (2)
Steel Gladius
Bronze Throwing Knife
Heavy Leather Curiass
Leather Helmet
Two complete outfits (including boots, cloaks, and gloves)
A traveler's satchel holding a bedroll, tinderbox, a large waterskin, 2 blocks of tallow, 2 torches, travel rations (3 wks), a spell book (leather-bound), hemp rope (20 ft.), a sharpening stone and a cloth sack.
A belt with a pouch
8 GC

Last edited:

iron-spyder

First Post
Looking good, everyone. Hopefully just a few tweaks (like Ceroill's dice rolls added in) and spells and we will be ready to roll!

If any of the spellcasters have the old edition Arcanum books with spells, feel free to convert any spells that haven't already been converted. If you need ideas for spells, I can provide the names of spells from your Order with the general effects that can be worked out.

Ceroill

First Post
Just edited my character, corrected version is listed

Ok, just rolled the die to finish up attributes and skills. Got a question though, regarding the Druas...in the main rulebook it mentions they all have 'certain innate psychic abilities', but then says nothing else about it. While the Beastiary says they all have 'Sending', once a day 7 word message, no range limit. This fits with the old books, but do I include it with my character?

Remove ads