Atlas' announces "Plastic RPG dividers" are ready to ship to Disti's: Huh?

Pramas

Explorer
BigFreekinGoblinoid said:

As an aside, this is the third PR piece from a d20 manufacturer I have seen this week with ABSOLUTELY NO DETAIL AT ALL explaining what the product is. I now know that THIS one is for retailers, but even if I was a retailer, I wouldn't have known what this was.

Very Strange. Publishers must have GenCon on the brain.

I bet you saw all three of those news postings on Gaming Report.

There are several industry forums that exist to foster communication amongst the three tiers. When manufacturers post things there, they are written for the benefit of retailers and distributors and are not always constructed for public consumption. However, Gaming Report often grabs up those posts and puts them up on their site as news, and this sometimes leads to the confusion you display here. Basically, what you saw was trade info.

Pramas said:

I bet you saw all three of those news postings on Gaming Report.

Hey!

Good guessing - one of the other two was also on Gaming Report. Thanks for your explanation, this definitely clears up some things for me regading news items there. The third was not on Gaming Report though, and in fact was here on the publishers forum: I feel bad for calling him out this way, but since he never responded to my post there, what the hell:

http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57291

I'm sure I'm coming off as WAY too over-critical here, but a press release like this one didn't tell me anything about the product content itself - just the title, format, pagecount , who did the cover, suggested retail price, and that it is 3.5 compatible...

OK, so your thinking, just hit the link to the website, and research it yourself, no bog deal right? Usually, sure, but:

Troll Lord also needs to learn to be more careful in formating his links. 2 of the hotlinks to the site URL are invalid due to his adding a period (.)

My main purpose in hanging out here at ENWorld is to research and discuss new products, so I probably have a little higher expectations than most in regards to these details. Maybe someday I'll get rid of my sourcebook addiction and I won't be so uptight. Probably not though, I'll stil be a Virgo no matter what...

...interrupted by the telephone while writing this post: -- How's this for irony? , My FLGS ( Game-A-Lot Santa Cruz, CA ) just called me and told me that my special order for "Unholy Warriors" has just arrived! Hoody Hoo! The circle is now complete...

-BFG

Remove ads