Attaching .rtf files (Russ or Piratecat?)

Gez

First Post
Request: Rage Against The Monopoly!

Or "My hate of Mcirosfot kno now limit!!!!" :p

I just wanted to know if it would be possible to attach .rtf and/or .html files. It is possible to attach .doc files, but .doc is a proprietary format, which means some people (me included) prefer to use more open formats for texts. Like RTF.

Of course, it's always possible to zip a rtf file (but then, same problem, what about .rar or .gz files :lol:?).

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Yeah... You can only attach: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd rar txt xls zip

Still, if it's technically possible and not too much work, I don't see why it shouldn't be implemented.
Michael Morris probably can tell you...

Macbeth

First Post
If you want to use .doc files without Microsoft, you can use openoffice, which will read and write .doc but is still an opne source project.

Gez

First Post
Yeah, or I could just rename an .rtf file as a .doc one! :lol:

But those are just workarounds, not actual fixes. I'd like to be able to attach .gz, .rtf, .tgz, .xml, .html files without having to zip them.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Since your thread name was not exactly conducive to attracting the attention of an administrator, I modified it to be. :)

reanjr

First Post
Gez said:
Or "My hate of Mcirosfot kno now limit!!!!" :p

I just wanted to know if it would be possible to attach .rtf and/or .html files. It is possible to attach .doc files, but .doc is a proprietary format, which means some people (me included) prefer to use more open formats for texts. Like RTF.

Of course, it's always possible to zip a rtf file (but then, same problem, what about .rar or .gz files :lol:?).

It may be proprietary, but it's not like you can't use OpenOffice to create/read them. And MS even provides a free WordViewer so that anybody can read (but not edit or create) them. So, it's not like you're really supporting MS directly or anything.

Gez

First Post
Dang, I just want to be able to attach a few other file formats, is that hard to understand?

Since anyway I could always attach a file named "thingie.xml-remove_the_.doc_extension_it's_a_fake.doc" there's no real point in trying to limit the allowed attachments.

Remove ads