• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Attention Clerics, What are your Fav Domains

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
Travel - freedom of movement for 1 round/day is just too good, and the spells rock

Luck - REROLL! and again, the spells are pretty sweet

Magic - nice for using every item under the sun

Thotas

First Post
War - melee's too much fun to sit back out of it all the time.
Trickery - Never seen it in play, but it looks sweet on paper.
Luck - Same reason as Trickery.
Alignment Domains - c'mon Mouseferatu! I know it takes a while to get those 4th level spells, but they're great and it's the only way to get 'em!

MrFilthyIke

First Post
Luck is cool...I like the Greyhawk Demi-God Nazarn, a Half-Orc hero of public combat (Neutral). Domains are Luck and War, with weapon as short sword.
Not the mightiest weapon, but a fun combo as a cleric. :)

scourger

Explorer
I've got Magic & Trickery going right now. I hope being able to cast ID for *free* continues to be as useful as being able to be invisible was last session.

mmu1

First Post
War - The granted abilities are extremely useful, and the spell list isn't haf-bad either, if not too original.

Travel - Freedom of Movement at will kicks ass, and the spell selection is probably the best of any of the core domains - it makes the cleric so much more flexible.

Still, my current favorite has to be Protection, just because of a cleric I'm running in a game I'm currently in. (7th level now)

Me: "Okay, I'll try to read the book." (several other PCs have tried already, and ended up with a compulsion not to touch it)
DM: Right. You try to open it, and you feel something enter your mind. Make a Will save.
Me: I rolled a 2...
DM: Hah!
Me: ...but that's still a 17, actually.
DM: :confused: :\ :(

I love the Protective Aura.

Last edited:

cidak

First Post
Domains

War is good.

Trickery is fun. This first time I cast Invisibility as a cleric it stopped the game. :D

Strength is the best. Combined with Righteous Might at high levels can add upto 28 to your strength. :cool:

Last edited:

Terraism

Explorer
Mouseferatu said:
I'm surprised, however, that nobody's said Luck yet. I find the spells of the Luck domain, while perhaps not as frequently useful as others, are really valuable to have under the proper circumstances, and they save the necessity of preparing those emergency utility spells. More to the point, though, that once-a-day reroll is (quite literally) a life-saver.
I'm not sure your point about "save the necessity of preparing..." You still have to prepare them, after all.

Kormydigar

First Post
jarlaxlecq said:
What are your fav domains. If you have different ones depending on different character builds feel free to list them

I really enjoyed the last cleric I played. Mnk1/Cl 5 of Fharlanghn, Travel and protection domains. I wanted a traditional healing/ support character for our group. One problem we encountered with traditional cleric builds is that they were usually heavily armored, and slow. This led to problems getting to the hotheaded fast moving fighter and rogue who would race ahead of the group and quickly get in trouble. Enter Brother Jules- a cleric who can move swiftly to deliver those touch buffs and heals, has great saves, evasion, and a domain power that granted freedom of movement. This guy was all about mobility, and getting to those who needed him in time. At one point our fighter was in real deep, fighting outnumbered in the middle of an entangle area and in need of assistance. Brother Jules tumbled past several enemies, used his freedom of movement power to avoid the entangle, and cast Bull Strength, and Cure Moderate Wounds on the fighter.

WCrawford

First Post
Some of my favorite domains are:

Chaos
Darkness
Evil
Good
Law
War

I really like the alignment domains due to the +1 caster level for aligned spells and spells like Holy Smite.

Remove ads