• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[ATTN ARTISTS} Aryus Design Studio seeking artists

aryus

First Post
Hello,

(I hope this okay to post here)

Aryus Design Studio is seeking artists for a series of PDF products to be released over the next several months. Artwork needed includes both color cover art and b&w interior art. Since ADS is a new company the artwork may not be for the going rate, although it is negotiable. I may wish to only pursue partial rights to the artwork, which we can discuss.

The cover pieces desired would be images of a single fantasy character with a background. Nothing too fancy and I would like to avoid colored pencil. Cover art should be at least 6"x9" and of high enough quality to scan and include in a PDF file.

Interior art should be pencil or pencil and ink of characters, fantasy scenes, or equipment. Art sizes should be no more than half a page and no smaller than 1/8th.

Upon request, I can provide more details of specific characters, scenes, and equipment wanted.

If anyone is interested, please contact me at info@aryusdesignstudio.com.

Thank you.

LrdApoc

"Insert Title here"
Okay,

While I think this is an interesting idea, can I ask why you are limiting the size? with scanning and digital manipulation you could easily compose images to any size you desire. Also are you only looking ofr original mailed work? It would seem hi-res prescanned work would be easier on you.

I work in the publishing business so I interract with digital images/elements quite often.

Also you might want to post your pay/contract arrangements.. are you looking for work for hire, or are you looking to buy on a piece per piece basis.

Depending, I might be interested.

aryus

First Post
Thanks for the reply.

You're correct about the size not beign an issue once the images are scanned. I intended the 6x9 to be a finished size for the cover and not necessarily the size of the artwork itself.

Hi-res images would be perfect. I would not need the originals.

Commissions would be on a piece-by-piece basis and rates would initially be lower than average. The budget for this project allows for a quarter page b&w at $10-15 each, instead of the usual $25. The rate will increase for future projects as their budgets expand based on sales of previous works.

I'm still looking for a relatively inexpensive simple color cover artist. The budget for this is in the $30-45 range. I'm looking for something similar to the pic at http://www.selinafenech.com/pics/warrior.jpg with the character being an archer instead of a warrior.

Thanks for your interest. I hope this answers any questions you may have.

Best Regards,
Martin

Remove ads