• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ATTN: Morrus - Community Supporter Accounts

Hey, Morrus, any chance we could buy more than one year at a time?

Yes, I'm cheap. The $25 Community Supporter account costs $35 at rpgnow, and I'd rather spend a $10 service fee for a three or four year membership (85 for three years or 110 for four years), as opposed to $35 for each year (which works out to 105 for three years or 140 for four years).

Just a thought. Dream. Whatever. :)

Last edited:

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
I emailed Russ with the same suggestion, but I'm not that cheap... I just don't want to have to remember every year. :)

And it's less management, no?

Andargor

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Well, right now I'm in the middle of a massive data entry / spreadsheet nightmare -- I've finally gathered a list of all CS holders, plus a list of all those who I have an email record of having purchased one in the last year, plus an additional list of people who donated last October, and another list, which is of people emailing me to tell me that they should be on one of the previous lists but aren't. From all that, I need to then identify who is on list #1 but does not feature in any of the other lists, from which I can distill a list of CS accounts I need to manually cancel.

I'm about 3/4 done, but it's a real slog. Once I've finished, and have cancelled the accounts I need to, rectified the mistakes I'm bound to make and gotten over my newfound phobia of anything community-supporter related, I'll look into things like this. :)

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
If I may suggest: get a couple of people to help you and give them Supporter accounts. Surely, your time is worth more than a few buck a year.

Note that I am not volunteering, since I'd rather just pay you the big bucks. :)

But I'm sure other people out there would be willing to help out.

Andargor

Morrus said:
Well, right now I'm in the middle of a massive data entry / spreadsheet nightmare -- I've finally gathered a list of all CS holders, plus a list of all those who I have an email record of having purchased one in the last year, plus an additional list of people who donated last October, and another list, which is of people emailing me to tell me that they should be on one of the previous lists but aren't. From all that, I need to then identify who is on list #1 but does not feature in any of the other lists, from which I can distill a list of CS accounts I need to manually cancel.

I'm about 3/4 done, but it's a real slog. Once I've finished, and have cancelled the accounts I need to, rectified the mistakes I'm bound to make and gotten over my newfound phobia of anything community-supporter related, I'll look into things like this. :)
Thanks! And have fun slogging through the spreadsheets(s)! :eek:

Morrus said:
Wait, wait, wait...

You mean to tell me you're doing that manually? You're not writing a formula that will do that for you automatically?

Shoot. Morrus, you need someone to write up a short spreadsheet that will do that for you. If the data is relatively consistent, I could do it. Heck, I could probably finagle it to do it if the data wasn't too consistent.

If you send me some mocked-up data (that is, change the names and such, so it's no longer recognizable, for privacy; stuff like "Joe Cool, apparentlyfalse(at)yahoo(dot)com"), I'll give a whack at it. I'm getting pretty good at using the Search function in Excel. (Wrote a spreadsheet for the County of Napa that took an eight-hour task and turned it into a 10-minute task, for instance. Have a Master's certification in Excel, too.)

My email address is napamathguy at that yahoo place.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Thanks, Heretic - I've finished now, though (save the inevitable errors). That would probably have been easier, though. Someone did cobble together a forumula in Excel which ended up helping quite a bit after I'd done about half of the work manually. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads