• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[AU/AE] Some new Talents and Ceremonial Feats

whydirt

First Post
Here are some feats I'm working on for a AU game set in a pseudo-ancient China setting:

Bound Warrior [Ceremonial]
Through a ceremony involving you and two other spellcasters of at least 6th level, an enchanted clay soldier is magically bound to you as a servant and protector.
Prerequisite: Character level 6th+.
Benefit: The character gains the services of a clay warrior. The warrior has one HD per character level. The clay warrior's natural armor bonus increases by one for every two additional HD (up to a maximum of +10 natural armor at 20 HD) and its energy resistances increase by one for every additional HD (up to a maximum of resistance 20 at 20 HD).
If the clay warrior is destroyed, the character may hold another ceremony (at a cost of 100gp per character level) to gain another warrior.

CLAY WARRIOR
Medium Construct
Hit Dice: 6d10+20 (53 hp)
Initiative: 0
Speed: 20 ft. in brigandine (4 squares); base speed 30 ft.
Armor Class: 19 (+6 brigandine, +3 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 19
Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+7
Attack: Slam +7 melee (1d4+3) or halberd +7 melee (1d10+4/x3)
Full Attack: Slam +7 melee (1d4+3) or halberd +7 melee (1d10+4/x3)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: —
Special Qualities: Cold/fire/electricity resistance 6, construct traits, damage reduction 5/+1 (or 5/adamantine), low-light vision
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2
Abilities: Str 17, Dex 11, Con —, Int —, Wis 11, Cha 1
Skills: —
Feats: —
Challenge Rating: 6

The clay warrior has a humanoid body made from clay. A typical clay warrior is equipped with a halberd and brigandine armor.

A clay warrior cannot speak or make any vocal noise. It walks and moves with purpose. It weighs around 300 pounds.
This is a feat I made as an alternative to the standard Leadership feat. I think it's a cool idea to have a way for characters to bind guardian statues.

The stats for the clay warrior are based off a smaller, tuned down clay golem. I think it's balanced, but some outside critique would be nice.

This feat has also given me the idea of using the Warforged stats for a clay warrior who has somehow 'come to life'. :)

Powerful Build [Talent]
Your strong body is resistant to attacks.
Prerequisite: Character level 1st only.
Benefit: The character adds his Strength bonus (if any) in addition to his Consitution modifier to all Fortitude saving throws.

Quick Witted [Talent]
Your quick mind helps you to evade attacks.
Benefit: The character adds her Intelligence bonus (if any) in addition to her Dexterity modifier to all Reflex saving throws.

Strong Personality [Talent]
Your self-assuredness guards you against mental attacks.
Benefit: The character adds his Charisma bonus (if any) in addition to his Wisdom modifier to all Will saving throws.
These are some pretty straight-forward talents.

Remove ads