• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[AU/AE] Spell Cards and other play aids?

whydirt

First Post
I'd really like some printable and sortable spell cards for Arcana Unearthed, especially since I think it would help out some of my newer players, but I haven't seen anything remotely like this online.

The closest thing I've found are some blank spell cards by The Other Game Company, which I could fill in myself, but that's a lot of work.

If anyone knows of such a product, please inform me. PDF game published, inclucing Malhavoc, take notice and get some spell cards out. I'll pay cash money for 'em.

That would be a cool product. We'd certainly host it if someone came up with them for free.

In the meantime, have you seen the blank combat cards on diamondthrone.com? Very handy for monster organization. There's also a spell sorter and a lot of other useful DM tools.

Staffan

Legend
One related item I'd love to see would be something like the AU Grimoire, only in .doc or .rtf instead of PDF. Preferably, it would also be sorted in level/complexity order (Level 1 Simple, Level 1 Compled, Level 1 Exotic, Level 2 Simple, and so on). That would let me easily make custom-made spell books for PCs, who could then have a document with just the spells they know.

The alphabetical arrangement works well for D&D where there are different spell lists and different classes get spells at different levels, but in AE there's only one big list. IMO, that big list would be more manageable had it been in level/complexity order instead of alphabetical.

Staffan said:
One related item I'd love to see would be something like the AU Grimoire, only in .doc or .rtf instead of PDF. Preferably, it would also be sorted in level/complexity order (Level 1 Simple, Level 1 Compled, Level 1 Exotic, Level 2 Simple, and so on). That would let me easily make custom-made spell books for PCs, who could then have a document with just the spells they know.

We have many of those resources already covered. They need to be updated to Arcana Evolved, and we'll work on that. But in the meantime, there's a spell calculator (done by Eric Noah), a spell sorter to sort by level, a prepared spell list generator for NPCs and a spells by descriptor list.

http://www.diamondthrone.com/displaycontent.cfm?iCatId=12&iConID=119
http://www.diamondthrone.com/displaycontent.cfm?iCatId=12&iConID=51
http://www.diamondthrone.com/displaycontent.cfm?iCatId=12&iConID=323
http://www.diamondthrone.com/displaycontent.cfm?iCatId=12&iConID=413

Michael Tree

First Post
I'd most like to see cards with statblocks for the creatures from the Conjure Energy Creature spells, with the energy template already added in. Preferably with different versions incorporating the benefits of the Conjure Master and Improved Conjure Mastery feats.

Staffan

Legend
Varianor Abroad said:
We have many of those resources already covered. They need to be updated to Arcana Evolved, and we'll work on that. But in the meantime, there's a spell calculator (done by Eric Noah), a spell sorter to sort by level, a prepared spell list generator for NPCs and a spells by descriptor list.
Nice work, but not quite what I was looking for. I wanted something with the full text of the spells, that will let me make compendia like the ones I made for D&D clerics and druids. I've attached my druid compendium to this post as an example of what I mean.

In my home game, I have given a print-out of the attached file to the druid player, and he seems to like having all his spell info available in an easy-to-use format like that. Spell cards would work too, but I suppose those would be a lot more work to create.

Attachments

• Druid Spell Compendium.rar
    76.5 KB · Views: 42

Khorod

First Post
Michael Tree said:
I'd most like to see cards with statblocks for the creatures from the Conjure Energy Creature spells, with the energy template already added in. Preferably with different versions incorporating the benefits of the Conjure Master and Improved Conjure Mastery feats.
I believe those will be in the Battle Box.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads