(AU/AE) The 7th Age - The Age of Worms

Arkhandus

First Post
There is no turn/rebuke undead ability in Arcana Unearthed/Arcana Evolved.

The most cleric-y classes are:

Greenbond (best healer around, and some of their positive-energy spells are effective at harming or destroying undead, pretty much the spells Transfer Wounds, Battle Healing, Revivification, Burst of Healing, Wave of Life, and Perfect Health, though some of those have multiple versions at different levels)

Champion of Life (some healing capacity and a strong warrior, can use their healing to harm the undead, can use just about any magic item that holds positive energy spells, after a while they get a bonus to attacks versus undead, and eventually becomes immune to negative energy spells but not other negative energy effects)

Wood Witch (can choose a healing witchery power that is almost as effective as the greenbond's similar class feature, has access to two witchery powers that are extra-effective when used to harm the undead, has access to many of the same healing/undead-harming spells that a greenbond does but witches have slower spellcasting advancement, has personal fighting capability somewhere between that of bards and clerics)

Besides those, the Magister, Mage Blade, and Runethane each have some healing magic and undead-harming magic. Each of those has access to the same such spells as a Witch (so a bit less than a Greenbond, but close), while Runethanes also have a Rune of Healing at middle levels that can only be used once per day on any given creature (but any number of times per day otherwise) and is slightly less effective than the Wood Witch's healing ability.

Arkhandus said:
There is no turn/rebuke undead ability in Arcana Unearthed/Arcana Evolved.

The most cleric-y classes are:

Greenbond (best healer around, and some of their positive-energy spells are effective at harming or destroying undead, pretty much the spells Transfer Wounds, Battle Healing, Revivification, Burst of Healing, Wave of Life, and Perfect Health, though some of those have multiple versions at different levels)

Champion of Life (some healing capacity and a strong warrior, can use their healing to harm the undead, can use just about any magic item that holds positive energy spells, after a while they get a bonus to attacks versus undead, and eventually becomes immune to negative energy spells but not other negative energy effects)

Wood Witch (can choose a healing witchery power that is almost as effective as the greenbond's similar class feature, has access to two witchery powers that are extra-effective when used to harm the undead, has access to many of the same healing/undead-harming spells that a greenbond does but witches have slower spellcasting advancement, has personal fighting capability somewhere between that of bards and clerics)

Besides those, the Magister, Mage Blade, and Runethane each have some healing magic and undead-harming magic. Each of those has access to the same such spells as a Witch (so a bit less than a Greenbond, but close), while Runethanes also have a Rune of Healing at middle levels that can only be used once per day on any given creature (but any number of times per day otherwise) and is slightly less effective than the Wood Witch's healing ability.

Thanks for the info Arkhandus! :)

Olaf the Stout

I had a look at my Arcana Evolved book last night.

Add Giant or Litorian or Sibeccai Ritual Warrior to the list of possible character concepts for me. The Combat Rites look like a very interesting concept.

Olaf the Stout

hero4hire

Explorer
I have AU but do not own AE.

Is there much difference?

Could I submit say; A Champion of Magic w/ Blood as Power without too much difference?

Arkhandus said:
So, any of you guys figure out what character you want to play?

I''m relatively open with what I play. So far I have listed my character options as:

Litorian or Sibeccai Unfettered

Giant Wolverine Totem Warrior

Human Akashic

Loresong Fen Magister or Witch (don't know which type)

Giant or Litorian or Sibeccai Ritual Warrior

I'd be happy to play any of those roles to fill in any gaps in party composition. At the moment I am probably favouring the Unfettered or Ritual Warrior roles to take the Rogue or Fighter type role. At the same time, if everyone else wants those roles too I'd take one of my other options without a problem.

Olaf the Stout

Arkhandus

First Post
Yep. And as I mentioned, I'd like to play any of my AU PC ideas, so I figure I'll just go with whichever one best fits after the others have decided what to play. I have no particular PC preference at the moment.

hero4hire: There is, basically, no difference between Arcana Unearthed and Arcana Evolved, unless you play a Mojh or something, as I think they were altered in AE to be even more caster-and-skill-oriented, since AE introduced the Dracha, dragon-scions that are kinda similar to the Mojh but winged and more brutish. AE also has a bit of new material, like the Dracha race and the Ritual Warrior class, but it's basically the same as AU, just expanded.

hero4hire

Explorer
Arkhandus said:
hero4hire: There is, basically, no difference between Arcana Unearthed and Arcana Evolved, unless you play a Mojh or something, as I think they were altered in AE to be even more caster-and-skill-oriented, since AE introduced the Dracha, dragon-scions that are kinda similar to the Mojh but winged and more brutish. AE also has a bit of new material, like the Dracha race and the Ritual Warrior class, but it's basically the same as AU, just expanded.

Hmm I shall crack my books then....Thank you!

Arkhandus

First Post
I am. Cynical Lurker seems to have been inactive all week, and nobody else has decided what characters they'll play. I'm intending to pick last or next-to-last, since I don't have any strong preference for one idea over another.

Remove ads