• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[August] What are you reading?

Meds

First Post
I just finished Spellfire by Ed Greenwood. Thumbs down from me. The plot meanders and there just isn't enough structure for my taste. There are also too many 2-D characters I didn't care enough about. I prefer the stories he wrote more recently.

I'm now reading Feng Shui by Robin Laws.

WmRAllen67

First Post
The Blood Books by Tanya Huff, for a last fix of modern-day fantasy before entering the hallowed halls of academia and having no time for reading-for-fun for a while...

Tetsubo

First Post
Mavericks, Miracles, and Medicine: The Pioneers Who Risked Their Lives to Bring Medicine into the Modern Age by Julie M. Fenster

Karl Green

First Post
Karl Green said:
I just started reading His Last Command. A WH40K Gaunt’s Ghosts novel by Dan Abnett. Pretty good so far, but then Dan is a very good WH author and I have read most of his 40K stuff 

I also picked up The Savage Tales of Solomon Kane by REH, mostly cause I read them all long ago but now with the Savage World version coming out next year I want to read them again

And now I just started a new Hellboy novel by Thomas E. Sniegoski, called The God Machine (well not all that new, it came out last year but I am just now getting around to reading it). So far so good. What sold me...

"It was a near perfect day up until now. But zombie cyborgs..." Hellboy signed. "I'm not sure I deserve this much fun."

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
I just finished Robert Kaplan's The Nothing That Is, which is about the history of zero. I don't recommend it.

It's an interesting book with interesting points, but I think it's horribly written. 220 pages that could be written in 40, tops. It's a thick, drawn-out read.

Next is either going to be Paul Krugman's Accidental Theorist or George Martin's Game of Thrones... which are two completely different books. With my luck, though, I'll end up reading a third completely unrelated book. ;)

Mallus

Legend
I just started "The Bonehunters", book 6 of the Malazan Book of the Fallen. And I'm loving it. Which I wasn't sure I would, having just finished "The Prince of Nothing" trilogy. I just wasn't sure I would enjoy going back to Erikson's often unfocused sprawl after reading Bakkar's tighter, leaner (well, comparatively leaner), equally-if-not-more vivid series.

But I am. Discursiveness + Fantasy = Perfect Together.

Remove ads