• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Automated Character Sheet for Dungeons & Dragons - 4th Edition

ameinild

First Post
Hi

Since the release of 4th Edition I've created The D&D Automated Character Sheet. With this sheet you can select everything needed to create a character, including Race, Class, Feats, Powers and Items. The sheet auto calculates everything you need during play. Use it all in the highly innovative Combat Workspace where you set up your attacks using Items, Feats and Powers.

The latest version of the sheet is available at RPGSheets.com, here:
http://www.rpgsheets.com/file.php?id=3268

Please post feedback here or on the RPGSheets forum. Feedback responses will be posted on the RPGSheets forum.

Happy gaming, Artur Meinild

Last edited:

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
Artur,

my very first contact with your sheet (shht ... I'm at work) looks promising!

It seems to be vey powerful in calculating the values. I find it not very intuitive, though. Would it be possible to either add a more thorough description or color code the fields you are expected to enter/select somthing into/for? Excel's habit of only showing the drop down button if the appropriate cell is activated leaves one dumbfounded.

Also, the little details seem to be (still?) missing: Implement mastery has no effect.

So much for the first shot. If this thing works in OpenOffice, I'll check it out in the evening.

Huldvoll

Jan van Leyden

ameinild

First Post
Hey Jan

You are very right, the sheet is somewhat unintuitive at the moment. I will work on a solution where the fields that contain dropdowns are marked in a clear way...

Unfortunately, I can't test it with OpenOffice - but if it can import the Excel file without any problems, and maintain the links between the sheet and the data, I would expect it to work...

regards, Artur

ameinild

First Post
Update!

Hello everyone!

Here is an updated version of the sheet that adresses some of the issue I've encounted since I released the dev version a week ago.

First, in the user friendly category, I've indicated all fields with a dropdown menu that require user input with a red triangle. This makes it a lot easier to identify those fields on the sheet.

Another thing is that the sheet is now prefilled with an example character from Dragon's "Character Concepts" - that is Germaine the Fighter-Mage. This character shows the flexibility and power of the sheet very well, and I suggest you play around with this character to get the little details of the sheet before creating your own character. The "Clear Sheet" button will clear all fields (the next version will have more smooth macro execution...)

Jan, regarding Implement Mastery, you have to select which type of Implement Mastery in the Class Feat field in the first feat row. When you have done this, you can apply the Implement Mastery in the combat workspace like a feat (because it works as a feat)...

Best regards, Artur

Last edited:

ameinild

First Post
The latest updated version of this sheet is now online at RPGsheets.com. Please provide some feedback if you find the sheet useful or lacking in any way. I think that there are some issues with OpenOffice not converting blank values to zero as excel do, but I can't confirm this. Thanx!

Bryanc

First Post
The sheet looks good. could you supply the password for the sheet and macro protection. I like to have tha ability to tinkker :)

Talon378

First Post
Bryan, for copyright reasons I can't hand out the password. However, I hear it's possible to crack... :hmm:

Is this sheet anywhere else on the internet? As far as I can tell, the link to RPG Sheets is not working probably because of their database crash that they had. I am extremely interested in seeing the updates that you have implemented since I first got your sheet way back at the first part of August........

Dallas

btw, the version I have is (4.0.8.8.75)

Remove ads