• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Auzzie Gamers Question.

bolo__

First Post
This is what Goodgames Ballarat have posted:

Now, as I understand it, the Goodgames chain is reponsible for distributing Wizards of the Coasts D&D and boardgame materials in Australia (Wizards Australia deals primarily with Magic). If your store uses a different distribution channel, it may be that you'll get it on time. (I wouldn't be surprised if MilSims have it on the proper day, for instance, as I think they have other channels).

It might be I'm completely wrong - I hope I am - and the release date will be made, but I'm not entirely hopeful.

Cheers!

Hi Merric, you might want to call Good Games Chatswood (Sydney), because I saw a comment during the "flipthough" on twitch today from someone claiming they had actually bought it from there today.
Not taking that as gospel obviously, this is the Internet after all.
Edit: At roughly 49:35 in the YouTube clip of the flick through joshnandrews makes the comment he was going to get his copy from GG Chatswood on Friday. Interestingly today reddit user /u/joshnandrews was asking questions about paladin starting stats in an "I have a copy of the PHB AMA" type threads.

Also, Next Level Games Dandenong, told me other stores had been told the 22nd but he hadn't been told that and was still expecting them on the 18th.
As I type this it's sounding to me like I might have to admit to being in denial... but god damn it no. I WILL have my PHB on the 18th, he hasn't been told. He hasn't been told!

Thanks for the tip on Milsims I'll try them too.

Edit: on the important subject, Aussie is the only correct spelling. Ozzie is a bastardisation.

Last edited:

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
I have mine on order from MilsSims. I live in rural Victoria.

I just emailed them when i would be expecting it. I will let people know when I know more, but if my memory serves me right, I did this sort of thing for 4E (or possibly 3E) and I reckon we actually got it down here before America. I realise this is b/c of the time thing, but I am hoping we can get it early/on time again. I am sure I received the products on the due date last time.

One can hope anyway. :)

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
I did include the word 'slang' in my answer for a reason. Perhaps I should have bolded, underlined and highlighted it. :erm:
I was not referring to Oxford English Dictionary spelling.

There's slang and there's just no, you're wrong. So let me bold it and underline it for you: no, you're wrong.

bolo__

First Post
Did the ring around today.
Basically people are starting to get the mail that Metric had earlier this week.
I'm told PHB is now scheduled to get to WoTC Aust warehouse on the 15th so the 18th is looking optimistic.

More likely 20th at the earliest.
Milsims weren't that much more optimistic telling me that they hoped pre-orders to be filled around the 19th.

Basically everyone is waiting for WoTC Aust.

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
:(
Yeah, looks like we will not have early (or possibly on release date).

MILSIMS simply replied with email emphasising 18th August = RELEASE date.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
My latest information is that they hit the warehouse last week, and are in the process of being shipped out. Ballarat's two dozen copies, all preordered, got shipped on Friday... not sure exactly when they'll arrive but more have been ordered.

Cheers!

Remove ads