AV: Double Sword: Light blade And Heavy blade?

Obsidian Razor

First Post
Since the Rogue in 4E fits the classic "thief" concept and the fast and agile fighter, I see no problem with rogues benefiting from this weapon, just don't try to make me buy your character as a classic thief with a frekin' Double-sword o_O

More importantly... BOTH ends of this weapon are considered off-hand weapons for the requisites of the Tempest Build bonuses?

As RAW is written, I think that yes, both are, but I'd like some kind of confirmation for this...

Orcus Porkus

First Post
Double Weapons balance out the existence of High Crit, brutal weapons like Executioners Axe and Mordenkrad. These weapons are so much more powerful than any light blades, they are otherwise just too tempting for melee classes, even if it means letting go of sneak attack as a MC Rogue for example.

ceswiedler

First Post
I think calling a double sword a light blade is extremely silly in both fluff and crunch. How on earth could you sneak attack with a double sword and not a longsword? A double sword clearly weighs at least as much as a longsword, and is much more unwieldy. To me, "light blade" means just that, something light and maneuverable which you can use to stab with precision. How exactly do you do that with a double sword?

Remove ads