Avatar: Seek of the lost Avatar [4e] (Recruiting, brainstorming)

Voda Vosa

First Post
Well, then lets get to work people! There are classes to be made, powers to be created! We could focus all in one blender, or take one each, and see what we come up to.
Any ideas?
As a start kick, we could define the roles:
Air Blender: Perhaps a controller?
Earth Belnder: ?
Water Blender: ?
Fire Blender: Obviously a striker

Theroc

First Post
So, we're making new classes, and we're reskinning 4 races as 'human' but keeping the racial bonuses of the typical races?

If so, I'd suggest Earth people's be 'dwarves' or "Goliath's" since they are more stone related.

For classes, I'd say
Earth Bender: Defender/striker
Air Bender: Controller/Leader
Water Bender: Leader/Controller
Fire bender: Striker/Leader

Or something like that.

Voda Vosa

First Post
So, we're making new classes, and we're reskinning 4 races as 'human' but keeping the racial bonuses of the typical races?
Mostly, we could take features of other races and such.

For classes, I'd say
1 question, why fire people have leader as secondary role?

Yeah, the movie's actually going to be called The Last Airbender. Since some other jerk already took the name Avatar for his next movie, which is coming out somewhat sooner IIRC, so Nickelodeon couldn't call their movie Avatar, and might not've been able to call it Avatar: The Last Airbender either, as the original series was called.

Just mentioning that for reference; the movie might be good, but I haven't seen anything more than the little preview online. I enjoyed the series Avatar: The Last Airbender but I have absolutely no interest in 4E.
Good to hear from you Ark. sorry you dislike 4e. Although if you want to lend a hand on the brainstorming thing you are more than welcome!

Welcome aboard WD. How many games are we both in??

Walking Dad

First Post

If so, I'd suggest Earth people's be 'dwarves' or "Goliath's" since they are more stone related.

For classes, I'd say

Or something like that.

My take would be:

Earth Bender: Defender/controller (changing the environment isn't really striker like)
Air Bender: Controller/Striker (what are Ahns leader like powers?)
Fire bender: Striker/Controller

@VV don't know;) But I maybe bow out of the Knights in favor for this one.

Theroc

First Post
My take would be:

Earth Bender: Defender/controller (changing the environment isn't really striker like)
Air Bender: Controller/Striker (what are Ahns leader like powers?)
Fire bender: Striker/Controller

Bold: I wasn't using Ang as the prime example. I figured it would make sense for someone manipulating air to manipulate their chance to hit things, and such bonuses.

Italics: No, but hitting someone with a huge boulder is.

Voda's question on Leader Firebenders: You mentioned them being warlike. War's need leaders. Also, was trying to give each group a primary/secondary that didn't match the others. ~shrug~.

If we go with WD's idea for class role/secondary role, we'll be very heavily controller based, if we have 4 players each playing a Bender. I didn't count how many were interested, but we may also want to think of classes such as the "Blue Phantom"(Zuko's alias when he infiltrated a Fire Nation fortress and broke Ang out to screw with a Fire General he didn't like. He didn't use any bending and relied on martial prowess and stealth) and the Kyoshi Warriors.

I've no major objection to WD's suggestion, except it leans very heavily towards control (One class mainly control, every non control focused class taking a minor in it.) Just want to point that out.

Voda Vosa

First Post
I've no major objection to WD's suggestion, except it leans very heavily towards control (One class mainly control, every non control focused class taking a minor in it.) Just want to point that out.
Yes I was about to mention that. We must search for balance in all this, since we have a rule system behind us. I think the Air blenders could be controller leaders, but the earth blenders could be more defender/controller. You point of the boulder applies to almost every blender, since all deliver pain with the elements. We'll be short on defenders.
The air blender could also be a good defender, as I recall the mostly avoid attacks, either to them or to the others.

On other subject:
I was thinking yesterday, that the four blenders could have a sort of cantrip, that would be named something like this:
Minor [Element] Blending
This could be like wizard cantrips, in the way that they allow, for example, turning a rock into loam soil or mud, lighting a candle, or condensate water from the air, moving wind around. Minor tricks that are useful but can't deal damage. They would require a minor, or a standard action, depending on what are you trying to achieve.
Thoughts?

Theroc

First Post
Yes I was about to mention that. We must search for balance in all this, since we have a rule system behind us. I think the Air blenders could be controller leaders, but the earth blenders could be more defender/controller. You point of the boulder applies to almost every blender, since all deliver pain with the elements. We'll be short on defenders.
The air blender could also be a good defender, as I recall the mostly avoid attacks, either to them or to the others.

>.> I hope this isn't offensive Voda, but isn't it called "bending", not "Blending"? As to the balance, yeah, I was trying to go for that, but I figured the Air Bender's "Leader" secondary could simply be stuff like, "Shift Ally away from an attack" and such, or bonuses to defenses, making it harder to hit allies. Defender... well, would we need multiple defenders? Additionally, we may have multiple people wishing to play Earthbenders, which would then balance out.

Voda Vosa said:
On other subject:
I was thinking yesterday, that the four blenders could have a sort of cantrip, that would be named something like this:
Minor [Element] Blending
This could be like wizard cantrips, in the way that they allow, for example, turning a rock into loam soil or mud, lighting a candle, or condensate water from the air, moving wind around. Minor tricks that are useful but can't deal damage. They would require a minor, or a standard action, depending on what are you trying to achieve.
Thoughts?

I like it and seems to be a fairly perfect fit for the benders, IMO.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Yeah, benders. In spanish it's Maestro Tierra, what could be traduced in Master of Earth. Thereby my confusion, since bending of twisting or manipulating its never mentioned. *Points at his signature* That is there for a reason =D

Remove ads