• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Average Damage of Classes (A request)

jaldaen

First Post
For those more math inclined then I...

Has anyone determined what the average damage per round of each class according to their power levels? Or is it too varied and unpredictable?

I'm just trying to determine how much damage the PCs deal per attack vs. how much the monster's deal at the same level.

Thanks for your help ;)

charlesatan

Explorer
jaldaen said:
For those more math inclined then I...

Has anyone determined what the average damage per round of each class according to their power levels? Or is it too varied and unpredictable?

I'm just trying to determine how much damage the PCs deal per attack vs. how much the monster's deal at the same level.

Thanks for your help ;)

For spellcasters, it's easier to quantify since their dice damage is fixed.

For classes that rely on weapons, it varies depending on your build. I mean there's a discrepancy between a Fighter wielding a dagger (d4) vs one wielding a maul (2d6).

Also it needs to be charted based on At-Will, Per Encounter, and Daily.

At level 1 for example, a Dragonborn wielding a Great Maul deals 2d6+6 damage (At Will), 4d6+6 damage (Encounter), or 6d6+6 damage (Daily). (13 damage/20 dadmage/27 damage respectively.)

On the other hand, your dagger-wielding Halfling Rogue can deal 1d4+7
plus 2d8 damage (At Will), 2d4+5 plus 2d8 damage (Encounter), or 3d4+5 plus 2d8 damage (Daily) assuming the Rogue gets optimal (i.e. combat advantage) conditions. (18 damage/19 damage/21 damage respectively.)

At 1st-level, the Rogue looks like it's going to deal higher damage more consistently while the two-handed Fighter can theoretically fire off larger damage occasionally.

jaldaen

First Post
For spellcasters, it's easier to quantify since their dice damage is fixed.

Yeah these will probably be the easiest to chart.

For classes that rely on weapons, it varies depending on your build. I mean there's a discrepancy between a Fighter wielding a dagger (d4) vs one wielding a maul (2d6).

I figured weapon-based classes might be a bit more difficult, but hopefully someone will come along with a peaked interest and mathmatics background ;)

Also it needs to be charted based on At-Will, Per Encounter, and Daily.

Yeah this would be great idea... I know the damage is technically different for each power, due to variety of effects, but it would be nice to see the averages and compare them to monsters.

Ten

First Post
Alright, did some rooting around at level 1. Note that I could have made some mistakes. Doing later levels would take a lot more time as you start to have to factor in minor actions. Also note that these numbers can easily fool you: They are against individual targets, and don't include any of the special effects. This is just pure damage against single targets.

Assumptions: Have an 18 in the main stat, 14 in secondary stat and tertiary when applicable. Except for rogues. Rogues got 18 dex, 16 their secondary stat, and 12 their off stat.

Paladins are weird. In this situation I made the STR paladin use a 2H and the CHA paladin use a 1H. Not necessarily true.

*Paladins also use Channel Divinity: Divine Strength for their per encounter power and their daily power. These are strongest 1 hit attacks, not necessarily the wisest conservation and use of abilities

Warlord is not included. See Fighter entry. That is also the warlord entry. Neither class has anything special beyond 1/2/3[W]+STR

Code:
                 At-Will     Per Encounter     Per Day    
STR Cleric         8.5            13         13, Ongoing 5   
WIS Cleric         8.5           8.5            17.5
2H Fighter          11            18             25              
1H Fighter         9.5            15            20.5
STR Paladin         13            24*            29*          
CHA Paladin        9.5            17*        19.5, Ongoing 4.5 when enemy attacks  
Melee Ranger      14.5           24.5           33.5                                  
Bow Ranger        14.5           24.5        18.5, Ongoing 5
STR Rogue         18.5            24            24.5              
CHA Rogue         17.5            18            21.5
CON Warlock         13           16.5           24, Ongoing 5           
CHA Warlock         13           16.5           21
Wizard              9             13            13, Ongoing 5

jaldaen

First Post
Interesting table... thanks for the insights into Level 1 damage (minus the status effects). Anyone interested in doing Level 3 encounter, Level 5 daily, Level 7 encounter, etc... Perhaps only do a three column table each time for ease of writing and reading?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads